Manchester City-Tottenham Hotspur League (Carabao) Cup Final Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Manchester City-Tottenham Hotspur League (Carabao) Cup Final Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
18:27
FT: Man City 1-0 Tottenham

John Murray
BBC Radio 5 Live commentator

City fans inside the stadium are on their feet clapping their hands above their heads and cheering another final win. They have won it for the fourth year in a row and the eighth time - equalling Liverpool's record.

They were convincingly the better team.

18:29
'A different game with fans in'

Chris Sutton
Former Premier League striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

Manchester City are in a different class on the pitch but it's a different game, football, with the fans back insidethe stadium. The Tottenham fans played their part but it's City's fans who rightfully celebrate.

They put on a hell of a display, penned Spurs back and created so many opportunities. This trophy gets a bit of a kicking at times but you can see how happy the fans are.

18:30
'We want more titles'

Manchester City goalscorer Aymeric Laporte to Sky Sports: "It's very special for us after we lost in the FA Cup. [We needed] to get confidence and keep going. In the last two months we have been so good. We have to keep this rhythm, to win more titles.

"It was difficult today, they were a good team. It's never easy. Today we have done very well.

"I was thinking about my yellow card. We know a little mistake can cost you. I was being careful.

"We are so happy to see our supporters back. I wish there could have been more, but we are so happy to have their support."

18:34
'City were miles ahead'

Chris Sutton
Former Premier League striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

It's heartbreaking to lose a final, I have been there. City were miles ahead on the day.

The Spurs players will be disappointed with their level of performance. The opportunity has passed them by.

City boss Pep Guardiola is looking to become the first manager to win the League Cup in four consecutive seasons. City haven’t lost any of their last 19 ties in the competition, since being eliminated by Manchester United in October 2016.

'To have fans was amazing'

Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a tough game. We knew it was going to be tough. We kept dominating, we kept passing the ball and I think we deserved to win today.

"You are always scared because it is a good team but we are confident in our game. We are very happy. You have to win whether you play good or not - today I think we played good and won."

On having fans back: "They made a massive difference, 8,000 was amazing and we look forward to having more of them back."