Manchester City (The Citizens) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 28 | Vital Football

Manchester City (The Citizens) vs Tottenham Hotspur

It's no good posting we are shite or we suck.

Disagree, let me offer a few thoughts why.....

I love hearing how other posters are perceiving the game in whatever words they want to express themselves in. In some ways, it's less about the words written, more about the emotion "in the moment".

Watching and posting at the same time is never going to replicate sitting together and watching the game in the stadium, but it is good for the camaraderie of worldwide Spurs fans together. Speaking from the heart, letting off steam etc within a circle of trust of regular posters can enhance the experience. The opposite applies as well when we have the occasional game and spank someone and everyone turns delusional. It's all part of the fun.

Let's not try to censor people writing exactly what they want, assuming they are following the bigger picture protocols of the forum. Watching a game and posting on here should be like Catchphrase - say what you see !!!

I love hearing how other posters are perceiving the game in whatever words they want to express themselves in. In some ways, it's less about the words written, more about the emotion "in the moment".

Watching and posting at the same time is never going to replicate sitting together and watching the game in the stadium, but it is good for the camaraderie of worldwide Spurs fans together. Speaking from the heart, letting off steam etc within a circle of trust of regular posters can enhance the experience. The opposite applies as well when we have the occasional game and spank someone and everyone turns delusional. It's all part of the fun.

Let's not try to censor people writing exactly what they want, assuming they are following the bigger picture protocols of the forum. Watching a game and posting on here should be like Catchphrase - say what you see !!!
I understand where you are coming from Mutters but it isn’t always good to take a comment out of the structure of the thread . Nicks post is perfectly correct . The ridiculous negatives (shite , suck etc ) are exactly what gets on my nerves whether in the context of in game or post game .
However ., what is brilliant is the debate on the forum with so many different points of view .
In short , I agree with Nicks post and your post but for different reasons

I understand where you are coming from Mutters but it isn’t always good to take a comment out of the structure of the thread . Nicks post is perfectly correct . The ridiculous negatives (shite , suck etc ) are exactly what gets on my nerves whether in the context of in game or post game .
However ., what is brilliant is the debate on the forum with so many different points of view .

I'm not trying to censor comments but suggesting some more in depth comments to try and understand why and if we are shite. The impression we are poor could be because we are not able to play free flow due to our opponents threat. If Winks , Sissoko and Ndombele are overwhelmed in MF, our attack is going to be starved. I am looking for a higher level of debate in addition to the venting.

Sadly, the bigger picture protocols of the forum and the camaraderie of worldwide Spurs fan together is often thrown out the window, if saying what you see, is detrimental to favourites others have.

Sadly, the bigger picture protocols of the forum and the camaraderie of worldwide Spurs fan together is often thrown out the window, if saying what you see, is detrimental to favourites others have.

If saying what you see is ....We are shite ...that's fair enough but why are we shite and can we do anything about it.

WW - So I was actually answering to the whole post, but only copied the last bit. My bad.

NRD wrote - "I won't pretend to have any grasp on it but maybe for each match some of the more knowledgeable posters could give some insight during the game on match threads as how they see we are set up. It's no good posting we are shite or we suck."

That's the only piece I'm taking about as I perceive the 3-5 hours from kick-off to cool-off as a different beast from the rest of the weekly entertainment on here.

lol - I'm hoping not to have to write "we are shite" this week though :-)

I'm not trying to censor comments but suggesting some more in depth comments to try and understand why and if we are shite. The impression we are poor could be because we are not able to play free flow due to our opponents threat. If Winks , Sissoko and Ndombele are overwhelmed in MF, our attack is going to be starved. I am looking for a higher level of debate in addition to the venting.

Good stuff. As long as you're not expecting the in depth stuff so much during the game when everyone is fired up, speaking from the heart and focusing on the game :-)

As for after the game (and the cool-off period), I'm all for the lively debate backed up by logic and opinions. That article is intriguing but doesn't answer the question why we think we're playing Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele in a midfield 3, when we're not. The heat maps on Sissoko for 2 weeks show all his touches are RB and RM. He barely touched the ball on the centre right of the spine ahead of Toby the entire City match. As the article says, the setup was 2 banks of 4 sticking Eriksen on the left and Sissoko right. We then seemed to move to 4-2-3-1 with Sissoko still on the right.

Looking beyond an outlier like City, if we're considering 4-3-3, let's actually play it with someone next to Winks. I almost want 4-3-3 because of Son-Kane-Moura but 4-2-3-1 because of the midfield options. Lamela also doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Good stuff. As long as you're not expecting the in depth stuff so much during the game when everyone is fired up, speaking from the heart and focusing on the game :-)

As for after the game (and the cool-off period), I'm all for the lively debate backed up by logic and opinions. That article is intriguing but doesn't answer the question why we think we're playing Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele in a midfield 3, when we're not. The heat maps on Sissoko for 2 weeks show all his touches are RB and RM. He barely touched the ball on the centre right of the spine ahead of Toby the entire City match. As the article says, the setup was 2 banks of 4 sticking Eriksen on the left and Sissoko right. We then seemed to move to 4-2-3-1 with Sissoko still on the right.

Looking beyond an outlier like City, if we're considering 4-3-3, let's actually play it with someone next to Winks. I almost want 4-3-3 because of Son-Kane-Moura but 4-2-3-1 because of the midfield options. Lamela also doesn't deserve to be dropped.

We are playing a hotch Poch set up at the moment due to missing players. Lamela is probably only starting for that reason. It's interesting that one of the most vilified players is stepping up and delivering when others are wilting.

We are playing a hotch Poch set up at the moment due to missing players. Lamela is probably only starting for that reason. It's interesting that one of the most vilified players is stepping up and delivering when others are wilting.

At the moment it feel's more like 'miraculous' than interesting! And seriously, if finally after all these years his hip/upper hammies issues have been resolved it is nothing short of being miraculous; Personally, I still can't believe he's still here but if he can keep improving during this season I'll happily admit that what I thought was a hopeless case, isn't..

WW - So I was actually answering to the whole post, but only copied the last bit. My bad.

NRD wrote - "I won't pretend to have any grasp on it but maybe for each match some of the more knowledgeable posters could give some insight during the game on match threads as how they see we are set up. It's no good posting we are shite or we suck."

That's the only piece I'm taking about as I perceive the 3-5 hours from kick-off to cool-off as a different beast from the rest of the weekly entertainment on here.

lol - I'm hoping not to have to write "we are shite" this week though :-)
Fair enough mate , I was replying to the bit that I saw , ha ha !
It is a good debate ( as long as not too many join in ! ) . I very very rarely comment at all during the game , I think maybe once at half time , for the very reasons you have mentioned. I normally wait until the day after , letting the dust settle , unless we have done something special like reaching the CL final , like we do !
I thought it was a bit odd , you seemingly (to me ) taking something out of context like that ?

It’s not sad Rich , we all have different views of the same situation . That’s healthy . If posters have a polar opposite view to mine of the incident , player ,person , incident , game , season ,whatever , I can’t see a problem with that . It encourages debate .
Constant regular negativity , where no leeway is offered or debated thoughtfully , is my ‘Achilles Heel’ . Most times I can bite my tongue , as they say . I’ve never , yet , reached for the ignore button . I’ve considered it ! ...... someone said it’s good to talk and I agree with that , totally.

It’s not sad Rich , we all have different views of the same situation . That’s healthy . If posters have a polar opposite view to mine of the incident , player ,person , incident , game , season ,whatever , I can’t see a problem with that . It encourages debate .
Constant regular negativity , where no leeway is offered or debated thoughtfully , is my ‘Achilles Heel’ . Most times I can bite my tongue , as they say . I’ve never , yet , reached for the ignore button . I’ve considered it ! ...... someone said it’s good to talk and I agree with that , totally.

WW pretty sure you wanted to reach for the 'ignore' button on me a few times!!! hahahaha

Seriously, agree with you 100% I know I post some things that I am in the minority on and that is ok. I love the debate to be honest! This is part of the reason I like posting on this forum...healthy back and forth with many members!

**hell sometimes I throw something out there just to spur conversation!!! (shhhh...don't tell Ex or 80!!!)

To be fair we have had them but for whatever reason Poch has stifled players in the final third of the pitch.

Trippier was an excellent crosser of the ball, what happened there? Eriksen was excellent at set pieces in his first few seasons here, what happened there?

This is Poch's 6th season in charge if we don't have them now then why is he still our manager? Crossing a football is a basic skill set. It really is. People in the Sunday league can cross a ball well because they practice.

Couldn't agree more RD. How can Eriksen go from being an acceptable crosser and decent deal ball kicker to the mess we've seen over the last 10-12 months. Not to mention his awful performances.

There has to be a reason/answer.

Poch has never been known or credited with the ability to bring out the best in a player. Forget Kane. He was developing nicely thank you very much and is fully dedicated and mentally astute.

It appears that any player with any signs of weakness in personality, attitude, confidence etc has the issue amplified and exacerbated under the management of Poch.

Maybe, just maybe, what we're seeing with Eriksen and maybe others, is the toll taken by the Poch system. In other words they deteriorate.

I know I'm not alone in saying that after 9 Jack Daniels I could still at the age of 53 cross a ball (with any foot) whilst running at speed and pick out any player I wish with a perfectly weighted ball.... Why..? because I practiced for hours at a time over years. Same with free kicks and volleys. Modern day training (at all levels and age groups) seems to focus on the formational tactics and assumes that players can do the basic stuff.

My youngest son plays in the National Premier League in Brisbane U13. I'd say he would be the only player in his team that knows how to address a ball. Knows which part of the boot to use to get the appropriate results. In addition, too many players at this level can't even get the ball into the box at height from a corner kick!!!! Why? Because they are not taught. Why? Because the coach himself has no idea and expects the kids to know how to do it. Yes the kids train 3 nights per week and a fourth night at the gym, but when we were young we played every night for hours (back in Scotland in the late 70's early 80's) practicing the same thing over and over. This was not for a Club, but just about half a dozen of my mates. No social media or X Box etc. Just plain old football in the snow or whatever weather we were dealt.

Geez, I sound like a grumpy old man.

Any way, players these days are getting paid waaaay too much for their lack of technical ability and their "up themselves" attitude.

Rant over. Thank God I hear you say.