Manchester City-Southampton Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Southampton Premier League Post Match Thread

A good win, mistakes cost Southhampton the match. Rodney has turned into a bit of a match winner for us, and I think Foden should start more games at the expense of Sterling. As for Kun he will be very sad about not getting much of a crack in this game, but Pep sees the training, so I back his calls. The 3 points were vital just to ensure we steady the ship.

19:47

For all Man City's success and wealth (just look at that squad!) their club lacks the most important thing, a soul. People may laugh but the reason other clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal amongst others come through hardships is because of a real fan base that helps to push the club on coupled with genuine principles that these clubs live by. Money is part of the modern game but aside from this what do City have? A belief in the academy? Loyalty from players? Or fans? I don't think so. Would Pep stick around if they were still at Maine Road without the wealth? They can't even fill their own stadium at the best if times. Yes they'll win the league but they won't win the hearts of football fans.
Alex, Yatton

:rolleyes:

Rightly getting the correct response from Blues.

Where was this taken from Col?

There are so many ways in which this shallow comment can be taken to task......difficult to know where to start. I am sure fellow Blues are picking up the cudgel!

Last edited:

There are so many ways in which this shallow comment can be taken to task......I would start with the dates of first successes that City have over the assorted clubs Alex mentions....
A bitter comment from a Rag I guess

There are so many ways in which this shallow comment can be taken to task......I would start with the dates of first successes that City have over the assorted clubs Alex mentions....

The BBC match day thread. There's been several replies from Blues as I've stated, more since the original post.

19:47

For all Man City's success and wealth (just look at that squad!) their club lacks the most important thing, a soul. People may laugh but the reason other clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal amongst others come through hardships is because of a real fan base that helps to push the club on coupled with genuine principles that these clubs live by. Money is part of the modern game but aside from this what do City have? A belief in the academy? Loyalty from players? Or fans? I don't think so. Would Pep stick around if they were still at Maine Road without the wealth? They can't even fill their own stadium at the best if times. Yes they'll win the league but they won't win the hearts of football fans.
Alex, Yatton

:rolleyes:

Rightly getting the correct response from Blues.

i can’t believe the allowed this crap to be published