Manchester City - RB Leipzig Champions League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City - RB Leipzig Champions League Post Match Thread

A very entertaining game and it is always important to start with 3 points, Eddy had no chance with the goals.

Yes Brennan thinks he had defensive wobble.

Not having seen the game, I can not comment at the moment until I have watch the match when it is shown later on City+ TV
That doesn’t’t surprise me. He has had them before - brief moments where he has conceded free kicks or penalties - it only takes a moment’s lapse of concentration at the top level and despite all his poise at times this tendency concerns me.

I will need to see the replay on City+ though to judge his performance last evening.

Just seen the highlights.
Grealish’s and Cancelo’s strikes were superb as was Mahrez’s penalty (although I can see why Colin feared a Candlefield repeat)
Ake was guilty of ball watching IMO for RB’s first and second goals - didn’t focus on where his opponent was. For their third = it was excellent movement in front of Ake and Zinchenko with the latter losing the RB forward but ir was a well taken goal and tough to stop on the edge of the box.

A very entertaining game and it is always important to start with 3 points, Eddy had no chance with the goals.

I'm not sure about the third - I had that feeling live, and it was compounded when I saw the highlights posted above when they were published - quite a time after Liverpool-Milan.

I woke up early to watch the match again( much to the displeasure of the boss), and it was quite different to what I remembered from yesterday. We were a hot mess on defense., all of the goals were avoidable. Like C, I thought Ake was pretty good. In retrospect, not so much. No one was in fact. I expect a tough few training sessions headed into the weekend.

Watching (or re-watching) the match after it has fiI shed does offer more opportunity to notice things which I find can often pass me by when watching live. (Plus I am not distracted by posting irate comments about poor officiating or some crappy foul by an opponent 😅)