Manchester City-Leeds United Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Leeds United Premier League Post Match Thread

Sky
Player Ratings
Man City:
Ederson (6), Mendy (5), Cancelo (5), Stones (7), Ake (6), Zinchenko (6), Fernandinho (7), Bernardo (6), Torres (7), Sterling(5), Jesus (5)

a bit better

Sky
Player Ratings
Man City:
Ederson (6), Mendy (5), Cancelo (5), Stones (7), Ake (6), Zinchenko (6), Fernandinho (7), Bernardo (6), Torres (7), Sterling(5), Jesus (5)

a bit better

If this does not convince them to buy an out and out striker when they are facing 10 men, an inform fit younger SA10 would have seen them off before HT, but football would be boring if we won every game, even if we want to

If I had been asked before the season started which sides we would drop points against Leeds would have been on that list. It was always going to be a chess match between these two coaches and pretty much they cancelled each other out....until one mistake made the difference

• In the end we succumbed to two sucker punches at the end of each half with defensive errors contributing - Cancelo weak for the first one, Stones outpaced and no substantive challenge to the winner but also Dallas was lost by Fernandinho both times (and he was also behind Raphinha for the break when Eddy saved with a great tackle).......
  • Highlights don’t show Sterling’s miss in the first half but, along with other recent performances, he seems off the boil right now.
  • We had chances - didn’t take them
  • A penalty should have been awarded for Stones’ shirt being pulled at 0-0 - no surprise it wasn’t. What is VAR for if not for a ‘clear and obvious error’ being missed?
  • Playing against 9 outfield players defensding their final third is little different than v a full team with their forward posted near the centre circle - in the end it remains massively condensed in the penalty area so unless the game is stretched not really as substantive an advantage as it might seem
  • We have had a great run - this was always going to be a chess match between the coaches and in the end checkmate went against us.
  • Onwards and upwards - let’s hope Pep‘s eggs in the CL basket hatch properly on Wednesday

Of late the Tinkerman has appeared reluctant to select RS7, perhaps it has affected his confidence?

Perhaps playing Ake and Mendy down the left side was not such a great idea, and has OZ11 ever performed in midfield for us?

As well as a striker we could do with another left sided midfielder. I know we appear over blessed with the buggers but if Gundoggin' is on the berti then apparently there is only Fodinho who can fill in.

I
Of late the Tinkerman has appeared reluctant to select RS7, perhaps it has affected his confidence?

Perhaps playing Ake and Mendy down the left side was not such a great idea, and has OZ11 ever performed in midfield for us?

As well as a striker we could do with another left sided midfielder. I know we appear over blessed with the buggers but if Gundoggin' is on the berti then apparently there is only Fodinho who can fill in.
I don’t think so Kenny, i have mentioned this before but he played too many who had not had game time for while and because of that they were relative strangers on the pitch.
Training is one thing but the real thing is different, if say he had only played Sterling and Cancelo, then I would have felt better about it, but it was a gamble that did not pay off, we just hope that we can get the three wins we need from the remaining 6 games

I

I don’t think so Kenny, i have mentioned this before but he played too many who had not had game time for while and because of that they were relative strangers on the pitch.
Training is one thing but the real thing is different, if say he had only played Sterling and Cancelo, then I would have felt better about it, but it was a gamble that did not pay off, we just hope that we can get the three wins we need from the remaining 6 games
Remember. We were 8 points behind when the rags had 7 matches to play in 2012....... #Mynightmare

Anything can happen over the next few weeks, fingers crossed. The press will be hoping for multiple stumbles to give them something to crow about.

It doesn’t help that we don’t have a league game this weekend because we play Chelsea in the FA Cup. Meanwhile the rags are at home to Burnley, so that’s a guaranteed 3 points for them.
:rolleyes:

It doesn’t help that we don’t have a league game this weekend because we play Chelsea in the FA Cup. Meanwhile the rags are at home to Burnley, so that’s a guaranteed 3 points for them.
:rolleyes:

The probability is that United do beat Burnley, but nothing is guaranteed, I think.

Not my intent but it is the elephant in the stadium so thought it best to just get it out of there ...

Worst case scenario (sorry) is that by next weekend we are out of two cup competitions and 'only' have an 8 point lead in the PL. Rag tails will be up and even the Spuds will be dreaming of actually winning something. .

On the plus side no one has ever overtaken an eight point lead at this stage of the season so we should be ok . . .