City 12 Leeds 15
Cards
City 3 Y (Ake, B Silva, Fernie) Leeds 1 R 1 Y
On Target
City 7 Leeds 2
Woodwork
City 0 Leeds 0
Off Target
City 22 Leeds 0 (PL site has 29 City shots, Leeds 2 - City OS City 11 shots Leeds 0 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59201

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/manchester-city-v-leeds-united

14:39
FT: Man City 1-2 Leeds

Stuart Dallas is the first player to score a 90th-minute winning goal against Manchester City at the Etihad since Robin van Persie for Manchester United in December 2012.

14:42
'We left ourselves too open'

Manchester City defender Nathan Ake speaking to BT Sport: "It was frustrating. We knew it would be tough before the game but the manner we conceded the goals were not great. They had the red card so we pushed and pushed and could not score in the second half.

"After the game it is easier to say. We left ourselves maybe a little too open. We pushed so much to get the second goal and they are a very good counter-attacking team.

"The second half how we came out was good. We tried to create. It's difficult when the whole team is behind the ball. When you get the first back you feel you can push on. We left ourselves open for the counter-attack.

"I think it's maybe one of those days where we had a lot of chances. When you don't score obviously it is going to be tough and we need to make sure we close at the back which we didn't do. We move on and reflect on this. We have a big game on Wednesday."

14:43
'You should never give up'

Leeds goalscorer Stuart Dallas, speaking to BT Sport: "It is a great result for us. It was tough out there. It is hard enough with 11, never mind 10. We defended really well and kept them to very few good chances. We knew if we could have a bit more composure we could get one chance. You hope Raphinha going through is the one but I managed to get on the end of one. I saw it opening up.

"Against these teams you don't get chances so you need to be clinical. I think I took one touch and closed my eyes.

"We came with a game plan we always have but going down to 10 that changes. We are man to man so that changes. We dug in and showed a different side to us. We have been criticised has our defending but we stood up.

"I haven't seen it (the red) back yet. He won the ball but has left something on him., He gave the referee decision to make. But we had to get on with it.

"You should never give up. Down to 10 and they equalise. But we managed to find something. It is about how much you really want it."

14:46
'Fair thing would be for City to win'

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa speaking to BT Sport: "We deserved to win but the just or fair thing would have been for City to win. It's very difficult but it's what I think. We made a big, big effort but it is true that City dominated the game and had the better options.

"It's a game that if we don't have a big grade of aggression it is difficult to shorten the gap between their creativity and what we can do.

"I think the English referees are very good. VAR allows the margin of error to be reduced. I didn't see the action of Liam Cooper but I always think the referees have arguments to sustain their decisions.

"First of all I didn't beat Pep Guardiola. It's a game between two teams with the players being the predominant factors. We are just simply the two managers of the two teams that faced each other today."

14:47
'Bielsa has the Midas touch'

Martin Keown
Former Arsenal defender on Final Score

Stuart Dallas is a player who I feel is really underrated. He can play in multiple positions. He was playing in midfield today and they were two lovely finishes.

Bielsa has the Midas touch, really. There were a lot of changes to the Man City team today, but in the end Leeds deserved to win. City will be hurting from this.

14:48
'We looked like lads working for each other'

Leeds defender Luke Ayling, speaking to BBC Sport: "Great. I thought we done really well. Dug in at times but showed a different side to our game. A great goal by the end. A real good win.

"It was more about digging in today. We did well at the start of the second half, they got their goal, so we had to dig in again. It showed a different part of us. Everyone knows we try to get at teams. But today we dug in. lt makes me very proud. We looked like lads working hard for each other."

'Are City in the comfort zone?'

Garth Crooks
Former Tottenham Hotspur striker on Final Score

Are City in the comfort zone a little bit? I expected them to win today. They got helped with the sending off.

John Stones is giving strikers an opportunity to get the ball down and get the shot off. Why he doesn’t make the tackle [on Dallas], I don’t know.

MuEN
Player ratings
Ederson 7, Cancelo 5, Stones 7, Ake* 6, Mendy** 6, Fernandinho (C) 7, Zinchenko 7, Bernardo 6, Torres 5, Sterling 5, Jesus 5.

Steffen, Walker, Dias, Gundogan* 7, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Foden** 6, Garcia

not as low as I expected

14:53
'We made a mistake and lost control'

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Sport: "We played a real good game. The goal we gave them, in behind, we were solid and make mistakes for a counter attack. We did not control it. We did not create enough for the forwards. It is part of the game.

"In the last 10 minutes they had other chances, they fast and can do it. When they defend in the way they were you have to stop them running and we did not do that. The best moment we had in the game we make a mistake behind and we tried but could not score.

"We are going to rest and prepare two days for the game in Dortmund and decide on how we are going to play."

14:53
'It was a rebellious team'

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa to BBC Sport: "The value of the victory increases because it was achieved in a game where we were dominated and demanded character, effort and personality.

"I think we have to link the victory to the spirit of the players. The spirit of all the players added together creates a uniform effort. It's very difficult to win games like today. I think we deserved it but the fair thing would have been for City to win it because they had the dominance and the chances.

"From the adversity and effort of the players it was emotional for me. It was a rebellious team. They weren't resigned to lose what we at play.

"I value a lot the English refereeing and with the added factor of VAR all the decisions are justified.

"New targets? No. The target is always to impose yourself in the next game and in accordance to the results we take, it will leave us in a position we deserve to be."

'Are City in the comfort zone?'

Garth Crooks
Former Tottenham Hotspur striker on Final Score

Are City in the comfort zone a little bit? I expected them to win today. They got helped with the sending off.

John Stones is giving strikers an opportunity to get the ball down and get the shot off. Why he doesn’t make the tackle [on Dallas], I don’t know.
F*ck off you Spuds twat. No comfort zone simply trying to manage your resources whilst attempting to challenge for FOUR trophies in April. It is simple. We had chances. We didn't take them. They took theirs. Sometimes it really is as simple as that.

Muppet.