Manchester City-Fulham FA Cup Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Manchester City-Fulham FA Cup Post Match Thread

14:55
FT: Man City 4-0 Fulham

Micah Richards
Former Aston Villa defender on BBC Match of the Day

Fair play to Fulham, it could have been more. They kept the score down reasonably well.

14:58

Tim Cahill
Former Everton midfielder on BBC Match of the Day

It was actually an OK performance in the end - they conceded two goals in each half but they maintained their style of play and can leave the Etihad with their heads held high.

14:59
'We are in good hands'

Manchester City midfielder David Silva speaking with BBC Match of the Day:"Hopefully we can win more titles this year, with Phil [Foden] it is easy, no? He is a talented player with a bright future. With him we are in good hands."

15:00
'Red card killed the tie'

Manchester City's Phil Foden, speaking to BBC Sport: "Each time I put the shirt on I enjoy it to the max. It's a shame Fulham got a red card because it killed the game a bit. It's good to get the job done."

Buzz
Player Ratings:-

Bravo- 7 good distribution, not much to do but what he did was cool
Cancelo - 8 box to box stuff unlucky on a few efforts at goal but solid at the back
Otamendi*** - 6 too casual sometimes but not troubled much
Garcia- 7 played left of centre, not challenged but did well when Fulham pressed
Angelino - 7 nice stuff, good link-up play with Foden and Silva
Gundogan** - 7 took penalty well, some poor passes but otherwise ran the midfield
David Silva- 9 my man of the match, a constant threat
Bernardo - 7 good second goal and a tricky opponent for defenders
Mahrez* - 7 good effort at goal unlucky not to score but better distribution in the game
Foden- 7 played well good moves with others could and should have scored.
Jesus - 8 scored 2 both well taken, worked tirelessly

SUBS Jesus *Sterling 6 Rodri 6** Stones 7*** Not used Ederson, Aguero, De Bruyne, Zinchenko

MUEN
Player Ratings:-
Bravo- 6
Cancelo - 8
Otamendi*** - 7
Garcia- 7
Angelino - 7
Gundogan** - 8
David Silva- 8
Bernardo - 7
Mahrez* - 7
Foden- 6
Jesus - 8
SUBS Jesus *Sterling 5 Rodri NA** Stones NA*** Not used Ederson, Aguero, De Bruyne, Zinchenko

MATCH FACTS as of 25/1/20
Head-to-head

• Manchester City last faced Fulham in the FA Cup in 1914 - a 2-0 home win at Hyde Road.
  • City have won the past nine meetings in all competitions, by an aggregate score of 27-3.
  • They are undefeated in 15 matches against Fulham (W12, D3).
  • Fulham's past three wins against City have all come away from home in the Premier League, in April 2009, April 2008 and April 2006.
Manchester City

• Manchester City have won 11 of their past 13 games in all competitions. Their only defeat during that run came at Wolves in the Premier League on 27 December.
  • City have lost only once in 13 home games (W10, D2).
  • They have won all six FA Cup home matches under Pep Guardiola by an aggregate score of 29 -3.
  • Since joining City in 2011-12, Sergio Aguero has scored a competition-high 19 FA Cup goals.

Sky Player Ratings

Player ratings
Bravo (6),
Joao Cancelo (7),
Garcia (7),
Otamendi (7),
Angelino (7),
Foden (7),
Gundogan (7),
David Silva (8),
Mahrez (7),
Gabriel Jesus (7),
Bernardo Silva (7).
Subs: Sterling (6), Stones (6), Rodri (6).

EPNy4qCWsAAJFts

Daily Mail player ratings

Bravo 6 Cancelo 7 Otamendi 6.5 E Garcia 6.5 Angelino 6.5 B Silva 7 Gundogan 7.5
D Silva 8 Mahrez 6.5 G Jesus 7.5 Foden 6.5

Sterling 6 Stones 6 Rodri 6

Referee Kevin Friend 7

The BBC
Pep Guardiola wanted more Man City fans at FA Cup win over Fulham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51258522

MUEN
The clash with Fulham was the fifth home game in a month – even if you CAN afford it, even the most loyal fan needs a break sometime, and this one was always going to be a prime candidate.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/man-city-fans-guardiola-criticism-17638836
Live in your car, and go dumpster diving for food. Problem solved. :sneaky::giggle:

Kevin Parker, general secretary of the City supporters club, makes some valid points after Pep's comments at the weekend regarding the crowd size .....

"Questioning the loyalty of City fans who went 35 years without a trophy - supporting them through lots of thin times - is not for me,’
“It was 1pm on a Sunday, not the easiest to get to and live on terrestrial television.
“Fans have purchased tickets for both the League Cup semi-final and the Real Madrid tie. While the match was well-priced, it wasn’t a season-ticket game so fans had to dip into their pockets.
“I absolutely love Pep, he’s the best thing to ever happen to the club from a football point of view. But this sort of thing will alienate fans who work very hard to buy tickets.
“The fans who attend are always singing for Pep, always behind the team. There’s no negativity, no booing or singling out of players.”

https://m.livesoccertv.com/news/331...uardiola-after-questioning-fa-cup-attendance/

Kevin Parker, general secretary of the City supporters club, makes some valid points after Pep's comments at the weekend regarding the crowd size .....

"Questioning the loyalty of City fans who went 35 years without a trophy - supporting them through lots of thin times - is not for me,’
“It was 1pm on a Sunday, not the easiest to get to and live on terrestrial television.
“Fans have purchased tickets for both the League Cup semi-final and the Real Madrid tie. While the match was well-priced, it wasn’t a season-ticket game so fans had to dip into their pockets.
“I absolutely love Pep, he’s the best thing to ever happen to the club from a football point of view. But this sort of thing will alienate fans who work very hard to buy tickets.
“The fans who attend are always singing for Pep, always behind the team. There’s no negativity, no booing or singling out of players.”

https://m.livesoccertv.com/news/331...uardiola-after-questioning-fa-cup-attendance/
While I don't agree with Pep calling out the fans, I don't agree with this dude criticizing Pep either. Unity please!Hitting