Manchester City FC 1894 2-1 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City FC 1894 2-1 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

A fabulous save from Eddy, Sané's was a brilliant goal, but the goal of the night surely and not easy for me to award this was Phil Jones, surrounded by strikers and an onrushing keeper the finish was simply sublime

This made me smile as much as seeing our goals.

Doubtless Maureen is already warming up the buses ready for Sunday but with their standard of play at the moment they could get shredded. I’m a bit conflicted about that :unsure:

Difficult isn't it - got to go for a Rag win even though it goes against every moral fibre in my body. Big picture rules, but we have to beat Everton to take advantage.

A fabulous save from Eddy, Sané's was a brilliant goal, but the goal of the night surely and not easy for me to award this was Phil Jones, surrounded by strikers and an onrushing keeper the finish was simply sublime

Got to feel a bit sorry for Jones - decent footballer but has that ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A draw for me (dippers v rags) and obviously a win for us but with our injuries I’m very nervous.

Did anyone see an incident where according to the radio commentary Otamendi went down as if poleaxed after an opponents body part brushed across his chest? Reprise of his acting abilities from the Watford game a couple of years ago or was his reaction warranted?

A draw for me (dippers v rags) and obviously a win for us but with our injuries I’m very nervous.

Trouble then is if in May Liverpool win the league by a point...us winning is the most important thing surely? Rags aren't a threat but Liverpool most certainly are.

Possibly, but it’s too early for ifs, buts or maybes. I just can’t bring myself to want a rag win. Heart over head in this case.

Did anyone see an incident where according to the radio commentary Otamendi went down as if poleaxed after an opponents body part brushed across his chest? Reprise of his acting abilities from the Watford game a couple of years ago or was his reaction warranted?

He got a stray hand in the face, exaggerated it just like the Hoffenheim player had done moments before when a stray hand from Zinchenko caught his face.

Definite penalty for me Buzz.

It was a poor touch from Sane that did the keeper, thankfully his legs were long enough to reach it and put it in.

I think it was a penalty but I just know that if it were say, Agüero, bundled over in the same manner we wouldn’t be awarded a penalty.

I’ve looked at the second goal a few times and still can’t make my mind up if Sané meant to push it that far ahead of him. My head said he made a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.