City 12 Chelsea 10
Cards
City 2 Y (Sterling, G Jesus) Chelsea 0
On Target
City 4 Chelsea 5
Woodwork
City 0 Chelsea 0
Off Target
City 12 Chelsea 7 (PL site has 16 City shots, Chelsea 12 - City OS City 6 shots Chelsea 4 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59242

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/manchester-city-v-chelsea

90+3 mins
FULL-TIME
Man City 1-2 Chelsea

City will not be winning the title tonight.

They'll be licking their wounds.

Chelsea beat them in the FA Cup, they've beaten them here in the league. There's a bigger one to come soon.

Advantage to Thomas Tuchel's side ahead of Istanbul.

MuEN
Player ratings
City XI: Ederson 6, Cancelo 5, Dias 6, Ake 7, Laporte 7, Mendy***7, Rodrigo 7, Torres**5, Sterling 5, Aguero*4, Jesus 7
Subs: Foden*6, Gundogan**6, Zinchenko***6

19:30
Big win for Chelsea
FT: Man City 1-2 Chelsea

Here's what that result means for the Premier League table.

It could prove a huge win for Chelsea as they look to secure a top-four spot as insurance before facing City in the Champions League final later this month.

Thomas Tuchel's side are up to third with that victory and are six points clear of West Ham in fifth.

Manchester City must wait a bit longer before they can celebrate a third title in four seasons.

They're 13 points clear of Manchester United, who have two games in hand and travel to Aston Villa tomorrow.
55e5ee20-b13a-4645-9e0f-fb34aed9f98a.jpg

19:34

But it could all have been very different for Manchester City and Sergio Aguero this evening...

That Panenka was a tough watch.

19:37

With that awful penalty miss, Sergio Aguero failed to score his 183th Premier League goal for Manchester City.

As a result, he remains one short of the Premier League record for most goals for a single club - behind Wayne Rooney for Manchester United.

19:44
'We deserved to win the second half'

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel to Sky Sports: "What a performance in the second half. We were more or less equals in the first half, in the last five minutes we almost gave it away completely. If they scored the penalty it was over before it started and we would have no chance to come back.

"But absolutely impressed by the reaction and performance in the second half, we deserved to win the second half.

"If you want to steal all three points at the Etihad you need a bit of luck, moments and decisions from the referee. But we had many half chances in the second half and so a big congratulations to the team for their performance."

19:46
'This team never stops'

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel to BBC Sport: "I think the second half was a fantastic response to the last five minutes of the first half where we almost lost it all. To me it was a clear 0-0 half but suddenly we did one decisive mistake and maybe the match becomes out of reach at half-time.

"With every minute we gained confidence and quality. We got better and better. It was a tough battle and once we got the equaliser we never stopped attacking. [The winning goal] was a huge reward.

"This tells us we can rely on our fitness which is a fantastic feeling at the end of a season. We can also rely on our team spirit, we keep going.

"This team never stops, they don't want to lose, they want it that bad."

On Andreas Christensen's injury: "He was injured some weeks ago with the same injury. I hope that it's not too bad and we get him back because he is so crucial.

On Timo Werner: "In the last week he's really adapted well to the situations. The way he works he's relentless. He really wants it and I am very happy with his performance today."

19:51
'If the pen goes in the game's over'

Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling speaking to BBC Sport: "It's disappointing to lose late on. We've still got a few more games to go so we'll put the hard work in for that.

"I was happy to score but at the end of the day we didn't win. It counts for nothing.
"We wanted to get it done today, we couldn't but we've got more chances to come.

"I thought we played pretty well. If the penalty goes in then we get the game over and done with."

19:52
'I don't know how it's not a penalty'
Man City 1-2 Chelsea

Man City winger Raheem Sterling to Sky Sports: "It's a difficult one to take. We had chances to finish game off and we got punished, simple as that."

On the late penalty decision: "I couldn't get a shot off because he put his knee on the back of my hamstring. I don't know how it's not a penalty or reviewed properly. I thought VAR was here to help. but it wasn't meant to be. The referee said it had been checked and it wasn't a penalty, but it was a sure penalty."

On his goal: "It was good to get on scoresheet. I thought it was the day we got over the line but we didn't finish out chances and against a team like Chelsea they punish you."

19:54

Pep Guardiola didn't want to go into too much detail about his thoughts on Sergio Aguero's saved Panenka penalty.

He simply told Sky Sports: "It's his decision".