Manchester City-Chelsea Champions League Final Post Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Chelsea Champions League Final Post Match Thread

And yet it might have worked, had Sterling's touch from Ederson's pass been better, had Rudiger not made that fantastic block on Foden.

But ultimately you're right, why change something that served you so well all season?

I wonder was it that lack of Fernandinho/Rodri that affected Stones, he had a mare in that first half and even their goal came as a result of him playing Havertz on as he was dropping of Werner who had him shitting himself.

BD what was your take on Rudiger's foul on Kevin?

And yet it might have worked, had Sterling's touch from Ederson's pass been better, had Rudiger not made that fantastic block on Foden.

But ultimately you're right, why change something that served you so well all season?

I wonder was it that lack of Fernandinho/Rodri that affected Stones, he had a mare in that first half and even their goal came as a result of him playing Havertz on as he was dropping of Werner who had him shitting himself.
Stones had been drawn forward into a really high position - where a DM would normally operate - leaving a huge space behind - Dias had been moved to the right and Haevertz attacked that gap into which Mount played his pass.. .

So basically Rudiger fractured his head. He should be retrospectively hung, drawn and quartered. Thug.
He definitely played the man rather than any attempt to play the ball, but they talk about follow throughs on tackles this was just as bad, Kevin was getting a black developing whilst being treated, we lost part of the engine when KDB departed and he was a big loss.

CTID

I thought KDB was among our most ineffective players last night, but even so, take out someone capable of turning a game helps your chances of winning.

he was well policed and given no room, except for the odd time when they started to tire but then Rudiger stepped in.

I am already looking forward to next season and before that transfer in and out.

He also has a fractured., i.e. broken eye socket.
It won’t be ok in a week or so. Six weeks minimum for bone breaks.
Yes, just seen his tweet, worse than expected, but he will be ok for next season, I don't give a shit about the Euro's, on City

So as last evening’s match result continues to sink in a thought has been bubbling on the edge of my mind................would anybody trade a third league title in four years and the fourth consecutive League Cup win for winning the Champions League alone this season? :unsure:

In the bigger picture as the pain of yesterday begins to receded and we take a view of the last few years under Guardiola:-
2017/18 - two trophies
2018/19 - all three domestic trophies
2019/20 - one trophy
2020/21 - two trophies

This is the sort of domestic dominance we have sought for decades - most of my lifetime in fact - and it forms the foundation for the long term future success of the club. I know Sheik Mansour has eyes on the Champions League as the ‘Jewel in the Crown‘ and he will have been disappointed at the outcome, but he will also have seen real progress but we also know that the Overall plan for MCFC involves the sort of consistent long term challenge and dominance that we are seeing emerge. Add those outcomes above to the two previous PL titles, two league Cups and the FA Cup in 2011 (plus FA Cup Final in 2013) and, as ex-CEO Gary Cook would say........the trajectory of results is in the right direction.

So as last evening’s match result continues to sink in a thought has been bubbling on the edge of my mind................would anybody trade a third league title in four years and the fourth consecutive League Cup win for winning the Champions League alone this season? :unsure:

In the bigger picture as the pain of yesterday begins to receded and we take a view of the last few years under Guardiola:-
2017/18 - two trophies
2019/20 - one trophy
2020/21 - two trophies

This is the sort of domestic dominance we have sought for decades - most of my lifetime in fact - and it forms the foundation for the long term future success of the club. I know Sheik Mansour has eyes on the Champions League as the ‘Jewel in the Crown‘ and he will have been disappointed at the outcome, but he will also have seen real progress but we also know that the Overall plan for MCFC involves the sort of consistent long term challenge and dominance that we are seeing emerge. Add those outcomes above to the two previous PL titles, two league Cups and the FA Cup in 2011 (plus FA Cup Final in 2013) and, as ex-CEO Gary Cook would say........the trajectory of results is in the right direction.
I just want to win the CL to remove the stick that everyone uses to beat us with.

2017/18 - two trophies
2019/20 - one trophy
2020/21 - two trophies

Even though we lost yesterday i didn't feel the way I felt when we lost to spurs in CL qualification during Mancini's era.
On 5 May 2010 a single goal defeat at home to Tottenham Hotspur meant a lot but after a decade we are regular in CL competition knock out rounds and we are five time PL champions.
I felt a similar thing yesterday before the final that we will become a regular finalist in this completion even if we lose today in finals.Yes we have done it in past so there is bright chance we will do it future. Guardiola is a genius and he gave so much to celebrate in short span of time. Guardiola gave so much to this club, we should let him play the way he wants because it yielded so many trophies.His tactics would be been questioned if he had lost to PSG in semis. Losing is the part of play but why he is developing is a bright future.
Chelsea took two decades to win five PL titles and 2 CL titles.Whereas we made it much faster and won five PL in a single decade and i hope to repeat the same in CL too in our future.
We need Guardiola to continue to realise all the dream , i don't think he lost yesterday he helped us to move forward and now we are CL finalist soon we will be regular finalist and winner.