Manchester City-Brighton & Hove Albion Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Brighton & Hove Albion Premier League Post Match Thread

Sky
Player ratings
Manchester City:
Ederson (7), Cancelo (6), Stones (7), Dias (7), Zinchenko (6), Gundogan (7), Rodri (7), Silva (6), Mahrez (6), De Bruyne (7), Foden (8).

Subs: Jesus (6), Sterling (5).

Sterling doesn’t merit a 5. You get a 5 for pulling your shirt on and managing to get your boots on the correct feet. He was fresh (unlike Kev) and he loses points for missing a straightforward goal attempt from twelve yards with only one opponent trying to stop him.

I wouldn’t let him take another penalty.

Sterling doesn’t merit a 5. You get a 5 for pulling your shirt on and managing to get your boots on the correct feet. He was fresh (unlike Kev) and he loses points for missing a straightforward goal attempt from twelve yards with only one opponent trying to stop him.

I wouldn’t let him take another penalty.

The evening news didn't actually score him at the time, I gave him that for putting his shirt on and his boots on the right feet.

I don't accept the excuse from Pep that KDB was tired, but if he was I would give it to Gundogan to take or Cancelo

The evening news didn't actually score him at the time, I gave him that for putting his shirt on and his boots on the right feet.

I don't accept the excuse from Pep that KDB was tired, but if he was I would give it to Gundogan to take or Cancelo
Sterling taking pens is over, 3 missed on the bounce is enough, Gundog should be the reserve, or our Goalie?

Sterling taking pens is over, 3 missed on the bounce is enough, Gundog should be the reserve, or our Goalie?

cant afford the goalie to take one, because if he misses and the keeper saves it we could be embarrassed big time.

as Skoorb says anyone but Sterling.... I will add Rodney to that list,I always thought Tevez was the worst, even though he scored, he always looked likey to miss

Sterling never, ever looks confident. So much of penalty taking is in the most important square foot on the football pitch......the player’s head.

I think Toure was the most successful penalty taker we have ever had.......he always looked liked he was going to score. He exuded confidence and gave no indication that he had one iota of doubt that he would do anything but score.

Comparing his body language to Sterling’s.......chalk and cheese.

Sterling never, ever looks confident. So much of penalty taking is in the most important square foot on the football pitch......the player’s head.

I think Toure was the most successful penalty taker we have ever had.......he always looked liked he was going to score. He exuded confidence and gave no indication that he had one iota of doubt that he would do anything but score.

Comparing his body language to Sterling’s.......chalk and cheese.

we have had a couple of others who never missed, Super cool Mario and deadly Elano, the former only had one saved in training apparently (Joe Hart)

we have had a couple of others who never missed, Super cool Mario and deadly Elano, the former only had one saved in training apparently (Joe Hart)
To be fair to Kun he was pretty good at pens, not Yaya standard, but Ok. You would think that pens get fully sorted during training, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5th You have to want to take them and with the goalie now under VAR scrutiny to stay on his line it should be a piece of cake for a pro footballer to score.

To be fair to Kun he was pretty good at pens, not Yaya standard, but Ok. You would think that pens get fully sorted during training, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5th You have to want to take them and with the goalie now under VAR scrutiny to stay on his line it should be a piece of cake for a pro footballer to score.

No excuses now for taking one in front of a hostile crowd or with the racous noise of the crowd putting you off either.......