Manchester City-Borussia Monchengladbach Champions League Last 16 Game Two Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Borussia Monchengladbach Champions League Last 16 Game Two Post Match Thread

Good to see Pep smiling, his men did what they needed to do, kill the game early, then manage the remainer and bring on the 4 subs.

I think Kevin’s radar is working again. Not bad for his ‘weaker’ foot And a decent strike to bring up our 100th goal this season, :clap:

Foden’s pass to Gundogan for his goal.....it was like watching David Silva. :bow:

The guy busting a gut to arrive in the sin yard box if Gundogan chose to square the ball.......was one of our full backs. Amazing. :sorcerer:

I look forward to the Alternative commentary :ROFLMAO:

With a 4-0 aggregate score did Mahrez activate ”Selfish-git Mode” as the highlights suggest? Certainly the middle effort of his three attempts there were better placed team mates available.

Pffft. Surely it is all down to Mega Rich City simply throwing money at the league and buying the best players.............eh Alex from Yatton?

Nothing to do with Pep’s coaching and instilling his philosophy in his squad who execute the instructions and move their opponent’s all over the place and out of position? Like a giant chess game. :tophat:
Money helps, but a super coach is also needed. Take a look at Chelski and Thomas since he took the wheel and the results he has had by a formation change with a back 3. They have had a fantastic squad for years, but have been in our shadow with Pep at City.

Alex (in he, or she, actually exists and isn’t an alias for some biter rag git in the BBC sports editorial team just venting) is clearly of the “My Grannie could win the league with the squad Pep has had bought for him” brigade which is a standard trope brought out whenever Pep has been successful. Pep’s coaching has always been viewed askance by many in the media who are reluctant to admit he KNOWS WTF HE IS DOING. Whereas Last season the success of LiverpoolTMfailed was never ascribed to the money spent on their squad, nope it was all down to the “vibrant team spirit and driving force that is Jugreen Klopp and his tactics” or similar.

I think Kevin’s radar is working again. Not bad for his ‘weaker’ foot And a decent strike to bring up our 100th goal this season, :clap:

Foden’s pass to Gundogan for his goal.....it was like watching David Silva. :bow:

The guy busting a gut to arrive in the sin yard box if Gundogan chose to square the ball.......was one of our full backs. Amazing. :sorcerer:

I look forward to the Alternative commentary :ROFLMAO:

The first got zapped. Here's effort number two.