Manchester City-Borussia Dortmund Champions League QF Game One Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Borussia Dortmund Champions League QF Game One Post Match Thread

22:54
'I think I won the ball fairly'
Man City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund's Jude Bellingham, speaking to BT Sport: "They're one of the best, if not the best in the world. The way they go to regain the ball back after losing it is world class. To give Kevin de Bruyne that much time in the box he's going to score and that much time around the box he's going to put a ball in the box that damages us and it did. It's a frustrating one but we move on."

On his goal that was disallowed: "I definitely think I won the ball fairly, it's a bit frustrating in a time when they've got so many cameras watching the game they don't wait for me to put the ball in the net and then check it. It's football, it's life, just got to get on with it. All I've been told is I've been booked and it's a free kick for them. I think they should have checked it. Apparently I've got my studs up, caught the goalkeeper and it's a foul."

A real game of cat and mouse, and we fully deserved to win having missed good chances. The controversy over our pen, correct to disallow, yellow card upheld, correct, too much dissent. The Bellingham goal, foul correct, Eddy was clipped, so a fair result for us with plenty to do. Our chances are much better than the Dipps that's for sure.

City have won the first leg of a UEFA Champions League quarter-final tie for the first time in their history.
I am taking this as a good omen despite the precarious nature of the shoreline. That away goal is a blow as was the reversal of the penalty decision. Job part;y done. Need to get it finished and score in Germany for sure.

Thanks for posting these highlights Colin 👍🏻
The penalty would have been harsh; we dodged one with their disallowed goal - nothing much wrong with the lad’s challenge as far as I could see; Harland is a beast (but a bit full of himself - the way he purposely detoured away from his team mates when coming onto the pitch to ensure the camera was only on him FFS 🙄); Foden did really well to score at the death but his reaction spoke volumes - he was still berating himself for his two earlier misses - a measure of how high his standards are :clap: De Bruyne clearly on a different footballing planet :bow:

^ On Haaland coming onto the field - a different view I saw posted by a City fan/channel was he didn't walk over the badge - a bit silly, I know.

There was also a clip posted showing the assistant asking for the autograph, but I didn't/won't post it because it was from Rob Harris, he of the question to Pep after the Watford cup final infamy.

Thanks for posting these highlights Colin 👍🏻
The penalty would have been harsh; we dodged one with their disallowed goal - nothing much wrong with the lad’s challenge as far as I could see; Harland is a beast (but a bit full of himself - the way he purposely detoured away from his team mates when coming onto the pitch to ensure the camera was only on him FFS 🙄); Foden did really well to score at the death but his reaction spoke volumes - he was still berating himself for his two earlier misses - a measure of how high his standards are :clap: De Bruyne clearly on a different footballing planet :bow:

I think he was avoiding stepping on the City crest mate, he did the same earlier in the day when they were training on the pitch.

^ On Haaland coming onto the field - a different view I saw posted by a City fan/channel was he didn't walk over the badge - a bit silly, I know.

There was also a clip posted showing the assistant asking for the autograph, but I didn't/won't post it because it was from Rob Harris, he of the question to Pep after the Watford cup final infamy.

Didn't see your post before I posted, it is a bit silly, especially when he steps on the crest inside the tunnel.

So for the return do we go with three CB's and wing backs, or stick to our normal 433 with maybe Jesus starting to give us extra pressing ability up front, thoughts?

So for the return do we go with three CB's and wing backs, or stick to our normal 433 with maybe Jesus starting to give us extra pressing ability up front, thoughts?

I think we stick to what we know, and go out to win the game. I think we have to score, and I would back us to do that.
The thing I saw advocated last night, particularly by Simon Curtis, was one that crossed my mind - Fernie in for the second leg.

I won't post that, but I will post this.

The thing I saw advocated last night, particularly by Simon Curtis, was one that crossed my mind - Fernie in for the second leg.
..,,and mine. He may be a card away from suspension ....but if we fail to make it through that would be academic. The question is.....whose place would he take? (Unless we can sneak him on and play with 12 🤔)

..,,and mine. He may be a card away from suspension ....but if we fail to make it through that would be academic. The question is.....whose place would he take? (Unless we can sneak him on and play with 12 🤔)

Rodri's place in the team was under the greatest scrutiny from Simon.

I was thinking before last night that Fernie would come in for Leeds on Saturday, but Simon was of the opinion it should be the other way round. following the BD first leg.