Manchester City - Aston Villa - Premier League - Post Match Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Aston Villa - Premier League - Post Match Thread

I have watched the full match replay 4 times and the highlights about 6, I still get a kick out of beating the Dippers to the main trophy, I don't care that Clipperty won manager of the season, we all know who deserves it, Pep, Conti, or the bloke who took over the Barcodes.

I would just like to mention

the best no goal assist of the season was Riyad Mahrez, when Rodri was trying to get his shirt off after scoring a goal.

A week on and in the face of the current LiverpoolTMfailed pre CL final Love In I still find if tremendously satisfying how utterly solid our three goals were last weekend. It gives me a warm glow just to think about it.

No hint of controversy. No ‘dodgy penalty’ accusations. No crappy VAR intervention to cloud the outcome…….just three well construcited, beautifully crafted, equisitley finished (Rodri’s Eye of a Needle finish was as important as Edin Dzeko’s header ten years ago :bow:) and rock solid goals to sink the Quad Squad headlines and make them eat sawdust.

Watching that period over and over after going 0-2 down I notice so many other little things…….this morning I want to highlight Joao Cancelo dropping to his knees and raising his arms to the heavens when RDoris slots home the equaliser.

:love1:

….and Peps little ‘skippy jump’ celebration 😊

A week on and in the face of the current LiverpoolTMfailed pre CL final Love In I still find if tremendously satisfying how utterly solid our three goals were last weekend. It gives me a warm glow just to think about it.

No hint of controversy. No ‘dodgy penalty’ accusations. No crappy VAR intervention to cloud the outcome…….just three well construcited, beautifully crafted, equisitley finished (Rodri’s Eye of a Needle finish was as important as Edin Dzeko’s header ten years ago :bow:) and rock solid goals to sink the Quad Squad headlines and make them eat sawdust.
I think Gundog’s header was magnificent too. A powerful downward thunderbastard of a header. Never tire of watching it. 💙