Manchester City - Aston Villa - Premier League - Post Match Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Aston Villa - Premier League - Post Match Thread

Moments from the game of note to love………the appearance of Bernardo Silva joining in the celebrations after the winning goal nestled in the back of the Villa net (surrounded by the crushed hopes of all the LiverpoolTMfailed “It’s our destiny” fans) having sprinted across the pitch from his place in the dugout. :wahey: His joy is unconfined.

Last edited:
Another decisive moment to note (I love watching the part of the game when we score the goals over and over :ROFLMAO:)……..

In the lead up to Gundogan’s first goal………the ball is cleared from the Villa box towards the right touchline and is chased down by Cancelo. After a shimmy of his hips ……he turns inside and instead of playing the ball safely back or across the pitch to Stones or Laporte he engineers a swift forward pass to KDB who does not dither but lays a pass onto to Gabby……

…and the rest is history :banana:

THAT moment, THAT decision to be brave as Pep is always encouraging his players……..THAT is what takes us forward. :clap::bow::tophat:

So……just watching the final 20 minutes (again) and it just made me wonder whether this fantastic comeback to seal the second back-to-back title in five seasons is a result that stunned the naysayers more than 2012. It just seemed to me looking at it again that those six minutes were seismic. A statement result.

Discuss :unsure:

So……just watching the final 20 minutes (again) and it just made me wonder whether this fantastic comeback to seal the second back-to-back title in five seasons is a result that stunned the naysayers more than 2012. It just seemed to me looking at it again that those six minutes were seismic. A statement result.

Can you imagine the consequences if the unthinkable had happened and the Cup winners had taken out all four pots, would have had to move to the Arctic and live amongst the penguins and never watched Spit again.

Can you imagine the consequences if the unthinkable had happened and the Cup winners had taken out all four pots, would have had to move to the Arctic and live amongst the penguins and never watched Spit again.

It was a harder task against Villa, we had to score three and yes we did have the time, but those 5 minutes + were simply awesome and all three goals were brilliant in their own way, but the determination of KDB to get to the ball when he saw that Mings had made an error and then managed to get it across and Mr Whippy, his first was a thunderbastard Header and he simply anticipated the cross and it is History, I do think the 2012 would be favourite for being the first and the 2022 because winning it always brings great pleasure to the Fans who celebrated it as though it was the first time

I would still argue now that there was nothing really in the first seventy minutes of the game to indicate we would score one goal, nevermind, at that stage, three.

Was I, along with everyone else?, glad to be proved wrong.

Not wrong IMO Colin. After 60+ minutes I had messaged my son saying that I did not think that the starting XI we’re going to get the job done.

I loved listening to the goals again…..but FFS Jon Champion seemed to have forgotten that he is commentating on THE RADIO and the people listening CANNOT SEE the action. So his job is to not witter on endlessly and speculate about what is needed by City to how LiverpoolTMfailed can win the league and what he fed his cat for dinner :blah: :blah:And actually describe WTF is happening on the fecking pitch. To describe where the ball is, who has it and what is actually GOING ON so that the listener can understand how play is progressing rather than celebrate Jon Champion enjoying the sound of his own voice AND THEN being utterly surprised when something happens!

Oh for the halcyon days of Bryson Butler and Peter Jones who actually described WTF was going on on the pitch and kept their opinions largely to themselves.

Last edited:
KippaxBlue....has his say...

Aston Villa 1-1 away

This will not go down as a memorable game for City fans. After the six goals against Notts Forest we were expecting a few more against low placed Villa but alas that did not happen. City made just one change from the six nil win De Bruyne returning for Alvarez.​

Walker had an early chance when put through by Gundogan but instead of crossing to Haaland he shot high and wide and a few minutes later De Bruyne shot wide and that was almost the end of any major action in the first half. City had the odd corner but alas did not give the Villa keeper much to do.​

We had a better start to the second half when on 50 minutes De Bruyne crossed and there was Haaland to score at the far post to give City the lead. It was his tenth goal so far this season and he later had a couple of shots saved.Last season it took six months for a player to score ten goals! De Bruyne hit the bar with a free kick from just outside the penalty area for a foul on Haaland. Ederson had to make a good save and on 72 minutes Mahrez came on for Benardo Silva. Alas a minute or so later Villa scored - a first time shot by Bailey from a cross by Ramsey - the result of poor defensive work by Cancelo and Rodri.​

Shortly after Ake replaced Walker and both Foden and Rodri had shots that failed to find the back of the net. Mahrez did have a late chance to win the game for City but maybe he should have passed.​

(If I had a £1 for every time i have said that......Hitting)