Manchester City 4 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City 4 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

I hope not. He has started to show why Pep made him his first signing and has kept faith with him and is bound to get more playing time next season - Fernandinho is not getting any younger.

The problem there is that we're signing a replacement for Fernandinho so likelihood is he'll be down pecking order.

What's really galling is that rule changes next season, 'intent' is taken out of the rule.

You can bet your bollox that we'll have a goal ruled out for handball in the CL next season which will put us out.

There's life in the old Typical City dog yet.

What's really galling is that rule changes next season, 'intent' is taken out of the rule.

You can bet your bollox that we'll have a goal ruled out for handball in the CL next season which will put us out.

There's life in the old Typical City dog yet.

I don't think that dog will ever leave us :-)

You know one of my first thoughts was of some of the crap decisions we have suffered from in previous CL campaigns like the penalties we should have been awarded again Bayern (Boateng x2) & one on Sterling v Barca to name just a couple.?

The real issue is we scored 4 at home, missed a pen away and went out. How did we allow 3 to go in with Dirty 'Arry crocked for the second game. VAR is what it is and on balance should be good for us because of our attacking play.

" How did we allow 3 to go in" is a very good question. Having scored the necessary 4th goal to get our noses in front we really should have done better defending that second corner.....both Walker and Kompany failed to get their heads in it and, this may be sacrilegious I know, but I did think that Ederson could have come off his line for that one. It was in the six yard box for heaven's sake and eminently catchable or punchable.

That sequence of play unnerved me.
Ederson came for the previous corner, and the ball slipped from his grasp, leading to the immediate next one that they scored from.

That sequence of play unnerved me.
Ederson came for the previous corner, and the ball slipped from his grasp, leading to the immediate next one that they scored from.

It may be that it unnerved him too - having just dropped one cross perhaps he thought twice about the second....

Unfortunately Laporte was ajar, that's all it takes, one player to have a mare and you lose a tie you'd otherwise win comfortably.

Yes, his usual composed self was AWOL in the first period - he contributed to both goals by Son

We didn't deserve to go through, plain and simple. Dodgy decisions aside, we lacked the discipline and composure to advance. Hindsight is 20/20, but with Nico at the back, we probably make it. The complete meltdown from Laporte seemed to come out of nowhere, and genuinely shocked me. I'm still trying to process how we managed to f$#k this up so badly against a club we never really have a problem playing off the pitch.

This morning, my mind is clouded by a mixture of anger and befuddlement. Why in the everloving hell can we not figure out how to play in this competition?

" How did we allow 3 to go in" is a very good question. Having scored the necessary 4th goal to get our noses in front we really should have done better defending that second corner.....both Walker and Kompany failed to get their heads in it and, this may be sacrilegious I know, but I did think that Ederson could have come off his line for that one. It was in the six yard box for heaven's sake and eminently catchable or punchable.

I thought that about Ederson as well...