Manchester City 3 Everton 1 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City 3 Everton 1 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

Forget the potential weakness on the left side of our defence in the enforced absence of first choice LB Mendy, one of my biggest concerns at the moment is on the other side of the pitch.

Kyle Walker seems to be not quite onthe money right now. From last season’s blistering form & almost faultless security, he now seems to be suffering from a worrying dip in his performance. Switching off at moments during the game, getting caught cold and failing to stop quite as many crosses as I am comfortable with.

Puzzling ?

Just a loss of form or has he become guilty of a bit of complacency in his play? A bit too comfortable that other people will get him out of bother?

He was caught flat footed last weekend when Willian got the drop on him before Chelsea’s first goal. Yesterday he made a poor decision early in the game when he tried to control the ball at the edge of the box and lost possession which led to Richarlison’s volley wide. In the second half he again was less than convincing against Lookman (admittedly he was a fresh sub) when he failed to block a cross which Walcott failed to convert.

It is difficult - the standards we have set are so high that any slight dip below the max performance level probably stands out more than it otherwise would. I just don’t feel as secure in his performances right now.
I think Danny Low is injured, but Walker even with some recent concerns that you have outlined is a superior RB

I really hope they don’t risk KDB on Tuesday, Col.

I think this is a logical game for him to do so, R.
Needs minutes to build up his stamina, although I reckon he'll be taken off after an hour or so.
He did start in the last round against Fulham in similar circumstances - of course, that's when he picked up his latest knock.
Think the midfield will be Gundo, KDB, and Foden - Bernardo needs a rest, it seems to me.

Needs minutes to build up his stamina, although I reckon he'll be taken off after an hour or so.
He did start in the last round against Fulham in similar circumstances - of course, that's when he picked up his latest knock.
Think the midfield will be Gundo, KDB, and Foden - Bernardo needs a rest, it seems to me.
If he starts and gets crocked again, it’s your fault.
:grinning:

An hour sounds about right - if he gets crocked again then there's no reason to think it wouldn't happen in the next game anyway.

Forget the potential weakness on the left side of our defence in the enforced absence of first choice LB Mendy, one of my biggest concerns at the moment is on the other side of the pitch.

Not sure about Walker not hitting the heights but re left side of defence I don't have any problem with Blue Mendy's absence (other than we're a player down). Delph is a different type of player that gives the team different options and probably dovetails better with Sane whereas Mendy possibly works better in tandem with Sterling - in the sense of the spaces they occupy in relation to each other. Mendy has been valuable with his assists in the opening weeks of the season but then he is more attack mind than Delph.