Managers Out Of Work...And Others | Page 2 | Vital Football

Managers Out Of Work...And Others

Only seems to do well when he's got lots of cash to play and I don't like his recruitment style either.

Isn't Ronnie Moore local ? We don't want another Tilson like debacle, trying to manage the club from Suffolk/Essex.

bbh 11 - 6/4/2016 17:08

Isn't Ronnie Moore local ? We don't want another Tilson like debacle, trying to manage the club from Suffolk/Essex.

Ronnie Moore is hardly a young ambitious manager - he's 63.

And Bob's statement appears to rule out the likes of Richard Money too - he's 60.

LordLucan - 5/4/2016 22:32

It is time for the return of the Messiah....

Anyone got John Beck's number??

Johnny Becks barmy army has a nice ring to it

Bring back those glory days

Ainsworth as manager and Beck as DoF. I can dream i suppose!

I've just seen Simon Clarke's name mentioned, and that isn't a bad shout at all.

SIMJON - 6/4/2016 18:32

I've just seen Simon Clarke's name mentioned, and that isn't a bad shout at all.

I feel like you post this every 18 months or so :)

Skip155 - 6/4/2016 18:46

SIMJON - 6/4/2016 18:32

I feel like you post this every 18 months or so :)

It does seem to be a recurring dream!

Scotimp - 6/4/2016 17:27

And Bob's statement appears to rule out the likes of Richard Money too - he's 60.

I have just read Bob's statement, personally I am not convinced he has to be young, how many times has the likes of Neil Warnock got sides promoted to the Premier League despite not being a spring chicken.

Especially with the awfull refereeing in this league we need someone who can educate the players to play the games that they get away with otherwise we will carry on to have the jokes like the Dover penalty, Gateshead assaults on Hodge, Simmons and Muldoon.

For me if only we could get "Mad dog" to move north, for a couple of seasons.

The problem is, on average a manager only last approx 18 months or so, so to manage a conference side and move to that location is a big deal so has to be financially worthwhile. Which I would imagine would leave us primarily looking at local based managers ?

BongoChrist - 6/4/2016 18:28

LordLucan - 5/4/2016 22:32

It is time for the return of the Messiah....

Anyone got John Beck's number??

Johnny Becks barmy army has a nice ring to it

Bring back those glory days

Think Becky will be too busy skiing or doing something dodgy with whisky to be interested.

I think you are reading far too much into the interview. Mr Dorrian did not rule any age or any level of experience out. After talking about a young, untried manager etc. he then said "whilst I am not saying that is the type of manager that we are going to go for it is somebody that I think the club should be looking at.........." In my view it would be entirely wrong to rule anybody in or out at this stage!

Steve O'Dare - 7/4/2016 07:41

I think you are reading far too much into the interview. Mr Dorrian did not rule any age or any level of experience out. After talking about a young, untried manager etc. he then said "whilst I am not saying that is the type of manager that we are going to go for it is somebody that I think the club should be looking at.........." In my view it would be entirely wrong to rule anybody in or out at this stage!

Agree to some extent but he does also talk about the tried and tested managers who are all out there looking for jobs and hopes we don't get forced into a situation of having to employ that type of manager.

Without ruling anyone out it strikes me the person we employ is likely to be in work at some level currently.

Remember the Sutton appointment - they gave a list of things they wanted in a new manager. Then appointed that eejit.

Impster - 7/4/2016 10:02

Remember the Sutton appointment - they gave a list of things they wanted in a new manager. Then appointed that eejit.

The list made some sense. The problem with Sutton was that he fulfilled absolutely none of the criteria on it.

One of the problems with the Sutton appointment was that there was feck all choice at that time. John Carver? John Pemberton? Honestly the best choice would have been Harford/Thommo and that's not saying much!

simes69 - 7/4/2016 10:40

One of the problems with the Sutton appointment was that there was feck all choice at that time. John Carver? John Pemberton? Honestly the best choice would have been Harford/Thommo and that's not saying much!
b

John Pemberton would have been a good choice then, he had great contacts at Forest and Sheffield United. Been coaching at Bristol City for 3 or 4 years I think. He needs to cut his teeth as a manager soon.

NottyImp - 7/4/2016 10:10

Impster - 7/4/2016 10:02

The list made some sense. The problem with Sutton was that he fulfilled absolutely none of the criteria on it.
Did we ever find out if he fulfilled the other rumoured criteria!?

It is interesting that Sutton has not had another job in management nearly six years after he left Lincoln. Has he not applied for any? Does he realise he has no managerial ability? Or has he applied and been unsuccessful? Is he tainted by his failure at Lincoln? Like us, he probably wishes he hadn't applied for the job in the first place.