Managerial merry go round | Page 18 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

In Reference to Michael Appleton Clive may not have known who or much about him to be fair So he probably couldnt make a judgement until meeting him, Thats why they employ Jez to do the job he does,

thank goodness!
Pukka pies have just taken over ownership of WBA.
They have decided to appoint the new manager, who is their biggest spending account holder in UK.
Steve Evans.
We can relax again.

I presumed that the luck factor was more in the circumstances aligning to allow some favoured candidate to be available at the right time, in the right frame of mind, and also willing to accept appointment, rather than in the selection process of a preferred candidate itself.
It's a while since I listened to the podcasts but iirc it was more to do with having carried out the full process diligently, there is still no guarantee as to how it will all turn out.

I know that's good but the formal caveat is still annoying haha

Like, has there been contact? When does informal contact become formal?

No idea if it's the same but from what I remember that's like where it went with the Cowleys, Huddersfield didn't contact Lincoln so no lies from Danny in interviews but Cowley had already applied and spoke to them independently first.

I think we all feel like there's been contact and interest, at least I do. I guess informal becomes formal if he's wanted and MAPP decides he wants to move and instructs his new employer to formally contact his existing employer. Any other contact is probably just being polite.

Tottenham are about to appoint their 6th choice, think WBA are heading they same way!
Pity Dunk has been off work this week as his ever reliable source will have known what was going on regarding Appleton leaving, his man at the club always tells everything and is always right...

Post requires olive.

Don’t want him to leave, but to offset the compensation, all wba need to do is ask Appleton to show how he can save 700k in their budget for next season.
shouldn’t be too difficult for him based on the fact he managed on a 40% budget reduction with us.
whether wba are capable of thinking like this is anyone’s guess.

Alex Neil 2nd favourite...
According to their fans, WBA is the most prestigious and best job outside the premiership, dear me!

According to their fans, WBA is the most prestigious and best job outside the premiership, dear me!

I'm sure Real Madrid would have something to say about that. Mind your, so would Motherwell probably. And Sunderland, And Grimsby. I should stop now before we get to Dartford.

delusional
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l/

adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.