Managerial Changes In League One | Page 7 | Vital Football

Managerial Changes In League One

You mean her win over Marshall? That was a second round game in the Open Singles and indeed, it was a fantastic match. The final was in the Women's Singles, where fatigue undoubtedly caught up with her in the end.
It must have been that one then, I thought it was the semi final. Unbelievable stuff, some of the draws defied the laws of physics; and I don't normally watch bowls. I was doing a bit of channel surfing and couldn't turn it off after watching an end.

I would take that as a good a sign.
No one (media wise) is interested in bowls if a man wins , so the fact no one's interested when a woman wins, is surely equality?

I actually played bowls when I was in my 20s, as my works team were short and my boss ran the team. He was desperate for players one day, so I was roped in. I thoroughly enjoyed it and played a few more times in games that were both genders. That said, I found playing bowls more enjoyable than watching it.

I wanted to ask what you meant before jumping to conclusions. I should’ve just jumped to that conclusion.

I don’t know why this needs explaining but the phrase and sentiment behind Black Lives Matter does not equate to your life does not matter.

The booing by Millwall fans was absolutely disgusting too. I can’t believe anyone watched that and saw it as a positive.

I think you'll find that it was a lot more complex than it would appear on the surface. A lot has been written about this.
As pointed out above BLM (all upper case) is a political movement with some pretty radical aims which don't necessarily have much to do with racial equality. It's pretty heavy stuff. What the Millwall fans, and others were objecting to was being told to blindly accept a gesture in support of a political movement which, far from promoting racial equality is actually preaching division.
Sounds too sophisticated for Millwall fans but some of them tried to warn the club beforehand that it would not be popular.
Some black players and rugby internationals have sussed things and do not wish to identify with what BLM are about.
Players doing the knee like sheep is like being told to do something that you do not understand. Lazy thinking.
Millwall fans support stuff like kick racism out etc.
The recent spate of racism towards players on social media is abhorrent of course. I don't know if in anyway it is a reaction to the way things have been cranked up in the media generally on racial divisions during 2020. But the act of booing an imported gesture supporting a social movement that for example condoned the desecration of the Churchill's statue in Whitehall is not exactly disgraceful.

Last edited:
I play on an incidental contact (basically no contact) mixed ice hockey team. I can tell you once you take the physicality out of the game there's no difference whatsoever.

Oh dear. You really spoiled it by putting "the point being all lives matter" from your position of white privilege; and I have explained what that is at length on here before.
Are you assuming I am white and privilidged?
You may have explained your interpretation of something or other on here but you certainly are in no position to interpret anything on behalf of me!

I play on an incidental contact (basically no contact) mixed ice hockey team. I can tell you once you take the physicality out of the game there's no difference whatsoever.

Do you find there is a speed difference in ice hockey USA Imp? I think if we played a no contact version of football to level things, the speed factor would still be such a difference maker.

I wanted to ask what you meant before jumping to conclusions. I should’ve just jumped to that conclusion.

I don’t know why this needs explaining but the phrase and sentiment behind Black Lives Matter does not equate to your life does not matter.

The booing by Millwall fans was absolutely disgusting too. I can’t believe anyone watched that and saw it as a positive.

I think you may well find that some extremist Black organisations would disagree that a white live matters. That is why the slogan was changed and speaking of jumping to conclusions I am jumping to the conclusion you have far too high an opinion of yourself if you think you can judge me from a post on a football message board.

Do you find there is a speed difference in ice hockey USA Imp? I think if we played a no contact version of football to level things, the speed factor would still be such a difference maker.
I skate like a drunk penguin so no. We have a couple of female college players and once the helmet and pads are on you can't tell any difference.

I skate like a drunk penguin so no. We have a couple of female college players and once the helmet and pads are on you can't tell any difference.

Haha I'm now going to have to google drunk penguins. Interesting how skating ability is the leveller.

I've been to a few Kings games, but can't quite get into Ice Hockey. Respect the sport though.

Are you assuming I am white and privilidged?
You may have explained your interpretation of something or other on here but you certainly are in no position to interpret anything on behalf of me!

Yeaaaaahhhh. Stick it to the lefty snowflake - I bet he reads the Guardian and thinks women should be all equal and that. Not on this message board. All Lives Matter - especially Churchill, god rest his racist soul.

Ok Sorry I apologise for colour of my parents skin. i bet your sack cloth and ashes are a heavy load to carry through life.

No one looks out for us Gammons do they? Oppressed minority if you ask me. They’ll pull down Captain Tom’s statue these people, all in the name of diversity. And you know whose fault it’ll be? Exactly! What has happened to this country. We used to rule the waves.

No one looks out for us Gammons do they? Oppressed minority if you ask me. They’ll pull down Captain Tom’s statue these people, all in the name of diversity. And you know whose fault it’ll be? Exactly! What has happened to this country. We used to rule the waves.
Stick to football mate, being a smart arse just makes you look a prat.

What the feck is going on with this site. There should be 2 topics of conversation
1) the imps
2) guitars

everything else including some virus I have just heard about is not important