Manager and players not up to this level | Vital Football

Manager and players not up to this level

Would any manager (professional or amateur) get less ?
ng
Players as well are not good enough it’s a league one team playing in the championship. I want him out but still fear for us yes we might stop leaking goals but with this team we wil never score enough

The squad is good enough for mid table, maybe even a play-off push if we get a manager who has tactical nous and gets them to really give their all every week.

Cook looks to not be able to get it right tactically or motivate them. Sadly (I honestly man sadly, I like Paul personally) he's now been found out at this level.

Just watched first half swans v brum - 2 good examples of teams set up correctly - Swans total possession great passing v.impressive. Brum hard working, resilient and well organised at the back.
On the basis that Pep Clotet is hardly Pep Guardiola makes you wonder why we can't do similar when under pressure away fm home- it's about coaching, organisation and working hard which Brum seem to have in spades. Compare that to our 2nd half effort yesterday.
Swans look likely to win however for sure the Brum fans will be clapping off their team for effort if nothing else at the end.......!

Just watched first half swans v brum - 2 good examples of teams set up correctly - Swans total possession great passing v.impressive. Brum hard working, resilient and well organised at the back.
On the basis that Pep Clotet is hardly Pep Guardiola makes you wonder why we can't do similar when under pressure away fm home- it's about coaching, organisation and working hard which Brum seem to have in spades. Compare that to our 2nd half effort yesterday.
Swans look likely to win however for sure the Brum fans will be clapping off their team for effort if nothing else at the end.......!

12 minutes of the second half Swansea now 2-0

Hate football...! ?
Should have waited til full time - it's gone full Latics for brum 2nd half ?
Hopefully we dont play Swansea soon ?

You don't have a home form consistently as good as ours over 12 months, regularly beating the so called top teams with ease, on multiple occasions if you aren't good enough. The tactics and set up away from home are dreadful and completely playing to the opposites of our strengths.

This league is woeful this season and wide open. Which is making it more frustrating. Swansea joint top with a midfield partnership of two players who struggled in League One the season before last, Grimes with Northampton, Fulton eith us. Would put neither anywhere near our starting 11 yet they are in a team that is top. Charlton in 3rd, tiny budget, at odds with their owner. Scraped promotion last season. Lost several key players. Had to rush in a few freebies and loanees late in the window.

What do these 2 sides do. They simply have a go at teams home and away. Give their all and try to win every match. We don't even make an effort to get anything from away games. They're written off by thr coaching staff which is unacceptable.

Look at that cluster of teams 10 to 14. I wouldn't swap squads with any but they approach away games in a far more positive way. Football is such a simple game yet our coaching staff over complicate it

Cook stated on his appointment that the one thing he could promise Latics fans was that their team would attempt to win every game - maybe he's forgotten this ?

The squad is good enough for mid table, maybe even a play-off push if we get a manager who has tactical nous and gets them to really give their all every week.

Cook looks to not be able to get it right tactically or motivate them. Sadly (I honestly man sadly, I like Paul personally) he's now been found out at this level.
No they aren’t. The defence is of League One standard. Fox, Dunkley, Kipre, Mulgrew. All not good enough.

Compared to other side's we have fielded in the Championship this squad ranks quite low. We were particularly good in season's 03/04 04/05 and 13/14.
If we want to progress at all I suggest our coaching staff look at how we played in the first two of those three seasons. Pay attention to the organised defence and midfield which could both pitch in and support each other and the two, yes two strikers who played primarily up front but also tracked back.
Please coaching staff take note how much work the side did and how much support they gave each other. When you have digested how good the team and work rate is then begin to follow that lead and for Christ's sake get the players in to watch and study what football used to be like at the DW too and then at least try and repeat what you have watched.

I want a new manager who does some basic things very well.

1. Gets the defence organized into a tight, compact unit, who can clear the ball.

2. Plays two up front. I hate the one up front mentality. Lets have it right, its shite. Its what teams used to do away from home to go and try and nick a point by playing an extra midfielder and packing the midfield. It was what made the Italian league a cynical, defence minded league. Barcelona made it the done thing, but when you have their quality and Messi up front with suchlikes as Iniesta playmaking, you can do. No. Can we just play two up front, Campbell and Jewell, Roberts and Ellington..what is wrong with playing 4-4-2, or similar? Get a winger ripping sides apart, like Teale used to. Yes please. No wingbacks ever hurt us when they had Teale to contend with...attack best form of defence.

3. Get a settled team and STICK with it. Not changes for changes sake or selection based on favourites. (Naismith)

Baines was a brilliant left back for us. Eaden a brilliant right back. Sutherland and Morris the same. They could all attack or overlap with wingers but at the end of the day they were primarily defenders and didn't need the fancy title of wing backs.
Please let's get shut of the wing back ideas and one up top crap and return to football with at least one traditional winger.
Passing and moving and taking defenders on rather than the stale boring crap that gets dished up to us in various forms.
Moore and Garner the new Ellington and Roberts. Four across the middle, take your pick we have choices of left and right sided players and central midfielders.
Left back and right back can be covered as can two central defenders.
If we are under the cosh midfielders helping out the defenders. In accendency midfielders helping out the two forwards and likewise the two forwards dropping back to aid midfielders.
It isn't rocket science but it's a sight better to watch than anything I've witnessed for a long time.