Management Team | Vital Football

Management Team

trisimp

Vital Squad Member
Time they all found alternative employement

Grant Brown- as a former defender we've not got any better defensively since he's been here, now shipping 1.4 goals a game

David Preece- Farman's form has been on the slide since November, flapping at crosses, dropping shots and getting beaten from distance too often

Chris moyses- stats don't lie, no win away in the last 10, we've have 11 games without a win and 2 periods of 4 defeats on the bounce.

That we have 2 former defenders and a goalkeeper, yet the part of the side furthest away from that could be perceived as our strength, speaks volumes.

If the decision has been made then I hope potential new managers are being invited to watch the remaining games.
We have some decent players that we can develop further if they are coached to their abilities.
I'd hate to see a mass exodus of players & then have to begin the whole process again.

With four games to go, no PO chance and safety assured I don't expect any sudden announcement. Even by Lincoln's standards that would be daft. However I doubt Chris will be in charge of the team next season.

Well I hope he is given more time....personally I've seen an improvement this year. OK the results haven't been what is wanted but I can see the roots of a decent squad. Two or three additions for next season will put us in the mix.
I also think CM had his plans shafted by a certain prima donna........

ImpfromWashy - 3/4/2016 10:39

Well I hope he is given more time....personally I've seen an improvement this year. OK the results haven't been what is wanted but I can see the roots of a decent squad. Two or three additions for next season will put us in the mix.
I also think CM had his plans shafted by a certain prima donna........

......signed by someone whose main qualification was his amazing man management skills.

I'd like to know which players you think we build a squad around next season.

McCombe - possibly injury prone?
Power - don't get me started
Rhead - can't walk into a pub without someone telling me it's already a done deal he's going in the Summer
Wood - very decent but not an influential position
Farman - over-rated
Hawkridge - quality balls in to nobody when Rhead isn't playing. Doesn't defend at all.
Muldoon - improved but doesn't seem to be the answer through the middle would give him more time though

The rest are just the rest.

GrotierBranfootLeigh - 2/4/2016 22:30

Let's hope so.

Remember if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you always got.

A bit like changing managers all the time.

The problem with Lincolnshire - and not just football - is that it wants professional people for all sorts of things but never comes up with any ****** money to hire them and then bleats about the fact that they don't want to do whatever it is for *** all.

If we have amateurs it might be because we are not prepared, or able, to pay the professionals. Lincolnshire is not currently the proverbial lantern/moth bait for people who want REAL money Never has been.

It is a lovely place but if you want real money you have to get out of it.

GrotierBranfootLeigh - 2/4/2016 22:30

Let's hope so.

Remember if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you always got.
Like swapping managers every year then? :pointy:

To a certain extent you get what you pay for. CM is still learning and is inexpensive as a manager. In my view we should be looking for the best Manager we can afford and by we, I include CM in that. If an experienced quality Manager became available he should be approached and considered but sacking Chris and interviewing 50 no hopers would be ridiculous, he has proved he can do a job.

At least if we change manager at the end of the season it will be the first time since Schoey (?) that we have been able to have the pick of the managers at the end of contracts, etc because its not a mid-season change. We could actually bring in a good manager and if done early enough they can bring in their players and get training started early.

I think now Moyses has hinted at his future the board will look at how the players react. If they go on a good run to the end of the season its clear they are playing for Moyses and he has a future, if the run continues it's also clear that either they aren't playing for him or he just hasn't assembled a good enough team and in both cases that calls for a change of manager.

I'm completely on the fence.

I agree, he has proved he can do a job - the only problem is that we don't know how far he can take us. There is no chance we will ever be relegated with him in charge (assuming the financials at his disposal do not reduce) and he has shown some real imagination and bravery in recent weeks with some unusual team selections and formations - exactly what he should be doing with the play-offs out of reach. He has to have a look at the players in match situations and make up his mind who is staying.

That is a better place to be compared to our first few seasons after relegation. Things are far more stable now.

The big question is: can he find the right players in the close season? Can he then turn them into a winning team? Time will tell, but we need to give him the opportunity. Simpson had two summer transfer windows, we need to allow Moyses the same. If nothing has changed by December, then he will have to go.

However, I have yet to see anyone suggest who might replace him. All this chatter about experienced managers - OK, who are they and how much will they cost? I don't know of any who would improve things here who we could afford. If you do know, please email the club and let them know. I am fed up of employing 'experienced' journeyman managers whose only qualification for the job is 25 years in football. It hasn't worked at Lincoln in my time. We have had three genuinely successful managers in that time and none were experienced - Taylor had no management experience at all, Murphy had managed Derby for a few unsuccessful months, and Alexander came from Lincoln's youth team originally and Northwich latterly. The only experienced manager who enjoyed any success was John Beck, and that was short-lived and ended in farce. Every other manager - and we have had 21 others in my 45 years watching Lincoln - has delivered precisely nothing.

For instance, take a look at the other 23 managers in the NL: any there that you fancy? Gary Johnson, but he is going nowhere near Lincoln. Anyone else?

We are all supporters of the club and are desperate for success. But this is not an easy situation, and rashly sacking the manager because you don't like the way he got the job, or because he has only finished mid-table on a mid-table budget, or because he is losing a few games because he is experimenting with formations is not the way to go right now, especially when there is no viable replacement in the offing. If the club can source and afford someone with genuine ability and a proven track record, then fine. But I'm buggered if I know who that might be.

Scotimp - 4/4/2016 10:58

There is no chance we will ever be relegated with him in charge (assuming the financials at his disposal do not reduce)

That is one very bold statement, and not one I agree with.

"There is no chance we will ever be relegated with him in charge..."

Take a quick look at my signature...

Scotimp - 4/4/2016 10:58

I agree, he has proved he can do a job - the only problem is that we don't know how far he can take us. There is no chance we will ever be relegated with him in charge (assuming the financials at his disposal do not reduce) and he has shown some real imagination and bravery in recent weeks with some unusual team selections and formations - exactly what he should be doing with the play-offs out of reach. He has to have a look at the players in match situations and make up his mind who is staying.

That is a better place to be compared to our first few seasons after relegation. Things are far more stable now.

The big question is: can he find the right players in the close season? Can he then turn them into a winning team? Time will tell, but we need to give him the opportunity. Simpson had two summer transfer windows, we need to allow Moyses the same. If nothing has changed by December, then he will have to go.

However, I have yet to see anyone suggest who might replace him. All this chatter about experienced managers - OK, who are they and how much will they cost? I don't know of any who would improve things here who we could afford. If you do know, please email the club and let them know. I am fed up of employing 'experienced' journeyman managers whose only qualification for the job is 25 years in football. It hasn't worked at Lincoln in my time. We have had three genuinely successful managers in that time and none were experienced - Taylor had no management experience at all, Murphy had managed Derby for a few unsuccessful months, and Alexander came from Lincoln's youth team originally and Northwich latterly. The only experienced manager who enjoyed any success was John Beck, and that was short-lived and ended in farce. Every other manager - and we have had 21 others in my 45 years watching Lincoln - has delivered precisely nothing.

For instance, take a look at the other 23 managers in the NL: any there that you fancy? Gary Johnson, but he is going nowhere near Lincoln. Anyone else?

We are all supporters of the club and are desperate for success. But this is not an easy situation, and rashly sacking the manager because you don't like the way he got the job, or because he has only finished mid-table on a mid-table budget, or because he is losing a few games because he is experimenting with formations is not the way to go right now, especially when there is no viable replacement in the offing. If the club can source and afford someone with genuine ability and a proven track record, then fine. But I'm buggered if I know who that might be.

I Agree with all of that, the one difference between CM and other Managers is that relieving him of his duties would immediately make him wealthier not poorer!!! As such he is in the unique position of being able to choose his own successor and should not do so unless he is convinced that man will do a better job. Gary Johnson is a good example of the calibre of Manager we should be looking for but successful international and Championship managers are not known for choosing to be employed at a Conference club.

NottyImp - 4/4/2016 11:21

"There is no chance we will ever be relegated with him in charge..."

Take a quick look at my signature...
Selective statistics. Let's look at the season so far as a whole.
Played 42 Won 15 Drawn 12 Lost 15 GF 62 Ga 59 GD 3 Points 57.

Not going to get relegated are we?