Man v Chilli - Man Loses | Vital Football

Man v Chilli - Man Loses

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
A man who ate the world's hottest chilli pepper in a chilli-eating contest ended up in A&E after experiencing "thunderclap" headaches. The 34-year-old man had eaten one Carolina Reaper chilli in the contest in New York State.

It was named the world's hottest chilli pepper by the Guinness World Records in 2013 and was created by Ed Currie from the Pucker Butt Pepper Company in South Carolina over ten years.

:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43699484

I just posted this story on the Eastnor Chilli Festival Facebook page.

Love the Eastnor Chilli Fest. Will be going again as usual this year.

I ate some ghost peppers on a pizza once and destroyed my stomach. Living over here, I'm used to spicy food but those ghost peppers were something else.

I had something with Ghost Pepper in the other day. Can't remember what it was, but it was nice.

My favourite curry at the moment is the one they do with Naga Chilli. It's as hot as a madras but actually tastes nice. Madras is just heat but little flavour.

I had something with Ghost Pepper in the other day. Can't remember what it was, but it was nice.

My favourite curry at the moment is the one they do with Naga Chilli. It's as hot as a madras but actually tastes nice. Madras is just heat but little flavour.

Yes, I can second that Deano. The Naga Curries are good, and as you say better than a Madras or Vinderloo etc.

Still think you have to be in the mood for it though.

:thumbup:

So people who enter chilli eating competitions are all idiots who should be left to suffer?

Does that apply to everyone who enters an 'extreme' competition of any kind?

People who do these Redbull soapboxes... if they crash and break a leg, I guess no sympathy for them either?

Same for people who do extreme sports like cliff diving, and Ultra marathons? Idiots who deserve no better?

Eating chilli's might not be everyone's cup of tea but I have nothing against people who want to push their bodies to the extreme and try to be the best at anything, no matter how silly.

Why not the same for all though? Surely all people who do stupid things should be left to suffer.... and I'd say hurtling down a hill at 100mph in a cardboard box on wheels is more stupid than eating a chilli.

I agree, but with cliff diving or ultra marathons, for instance, you have a degree of control.

With chillis or soapbox racing, it's mainly chance and dumb luck.

I totally agree JPA

There’s a massive difference between red bull soapbox and eating chillies. They don’t achieve any where near 100 mph they are luck to reach 20/30 mph.
They don’t run down mountains. They go down small inclines in town centres or parks. Simply not true.

Soapbox racing world record holder 85 mph by Guy Martin The carts are made to rigorous safety standards.
I know the man who used to hold the record before that. He’s an engineering manager.

If you take part in high risk sports you should take out insurance. Very simple.

Also , If you get pissed and injure yourself or worse, injure someone else, then you should be held liable and allow the NHS to treat children with cancer or old people with hip replacement