Man Utd -v- Leeds Friendly | Vital Football

Man Utd -v- Leeds Friendly

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
Well that was 2 hours of my life that I will not get back. I can only hope that jet lag was affecting Cooper and some of the players because if that was an indication of things to come, then we really are in the shit. Bamford, well I know there are vital members out there who still think we should persevere, just seems to be way of the pace and unable to find a teammate. Having said that, he was not alone.

I know it's only a friendly and we were only there on a commercial trip t boost the coffers, but it would have been nice to at least been a bit competitive with flowing football.

Big plus point was the Leeds fans who you could hear singing their hearts out (not a whisper from the Man Utd fans), they really must be the envy of every other football club.

Daz a;ways says take no notice of pre season games and having seen some in which we have looked really sh*te against low level opposition i don't think we should be too despondent just yet.
I may be wrong but i suspect the fans noise level was because a large amount of the Leeds fans present were from the UK and most of those for Man U were from Oz.

No wonder Bielsa is not in favour of the tour. Leeds were absolutely unprepared.
Cannot find their range, outfoxed, out paced, in sixes with the usual calamity waiting to happen in the form of Copper and Beradi.

Leeds simply cannot live with Man Utd.

Daz a;ways says take no notice of pre season games and having seen some in which we have looked really sh*te against low level opposition i don't think we should be too despondent just yet.
I may be wrong but i suspect the fans noise level was because a large amount of the Leeds fans present were from the UK and most of those for Man U were from Oz.

Let's wait a couple of months before we get too despondent.
On your last point well observed.