Man U v Newcastle | Page 6 | Vital Football

Man U v Newcastle

The squad's had a paucity of depth for years but in the modern era full back is such a key position and we haven't got a Premier League quality one in the squad on either flank.

Whilst I've some sympathy for Lewis since his move here. On the Manchester United 2nd goal he doesn't trust his teammate (Clark?) to get to to Fernandes and abandons James. Just fuck off him off entirely. Anyone who's played any level of 11 a side football knows do your job first. If Clark (if it was Clark) loses his man that's on him but don't compound the mistake further .

I think Hayden has been immense.

Hayden's been a good premier league standard defensive midfielder for Newcastle for years. The only somewhat criticism of him is sometimes he's not brave enough with the ball but with this side and working with Bruce it's very difficult to do that. Purely coincidental we've seen more of that since Jones has come in .

Hayden's been a good premier league standard defensive midfielder for Newcastle for years. The only somewhat criticism of him is sometimes he's not brave enough with the ball but with this side and working with Bruce it's very difficult to do that. Purely coincidental we've seen more of that since Jones has come in .
Yes 😁

FT 3-1. Darren Fletcher the commentator would have us relegated listening to his drivel
To be fair Mc he did say we should be encouraged by the performance
We ran out steam in the end but nothing lost.

Fulhams next six games are interesting, if they do well you won't hear any complaints from me, I just don't think they will get much.

To be fair Mc he did say we should be encouraged by the performance
We ran out steam in the end but nothing lost.

Fulhams next six games are interesting, if they do well you won't hear any complaints from me, I just don't think they will get much.

I also don't think Brighton are out of it. Could be Fulham and us stop up and they go .

I also don't think Brighton are out of it. Could be Fulham and us stop up and they go .
Saw Brighton beat Liverpool at their place Keggy and do not believe we are capable of that level of performance in terms of ability or fitness.
That said, it only takes an injury or two within any of the struggling teams to create a crisis, Burnley included.

A quick look at oddschecker suggests it's us or Fulham for the last relegation spot. Brighton are 25/1 with most sites for the drop compared to our 18/11. The shortest odds after us is Burnley at 7/1

If I was a betting man then id hoy a sly fiver on Crystal Palace to go but as Im not then I reckon this is going to be the tightest finish yet with 5 teams finishing within 2 points of 3rd bottom.

Why did we not play like that when we had better players available, Wilson, Manguillo, Fernandes, the Jones factor. We need to play like that for 90 minutes not 50 minutes.
As for injuries, just pray ASM does not pick up one.
Bruce is confident, although a week or so ago he said we are not in a relegation battle.
Difficult to predict which side of Newcastle we will see against Wolves.

Why did we not play like that when we had better players available, Wilson, Manguillo, Fernandes, the Jones factor. We need to play like that for 90 minutes not 50 minutes.
As for injuries, just pray ASM does not pick up one.
Bruce is confident, although a week or so ago he said we are not in a relegation battle.
Difficult to predict which side of Newcastle we will see against Wolves.

Aye cos that could really have an effect on form and results if he was to miss a long stretch of games couldn't it Owl?

ASM was our only real goal threat in the game.
Darlow beaten twice at the near post, I prefer Dubravka although Darlow has done better than I thought since Dubravka's injury.

I said months ago Brighton would finish above us and I've seen nothing since to suggest otherwise. In fact any time I've watched them they've been very organised and good to watch. They've just been unlucky with results

The only 2 teams in the league with worse form than us are the 2 teams that are practically already down, and from what I've seen of West Brom and sheff utd even they're having a go lately. Their defending is costing them as it's impossible to score goals at the rate they're conceding them. Saying that, both them are more than capable of picking up more points than us.

It will be tight quite a few teams still in the mix. I don’t think even the likes of Southampton are safe just yet. We need a win v Wolves goes without saying really!