Man of the Match Liverpool v Manchester City | Vital Forums

Man of the Match Liverpool v Manchester City

Man of the Match - Liverpool v Manchester City

• Total voters

Tudor

Alert Team
The tactic of playing the long ball towards Sane, or any ball for that matter obviously didn't work - he was marked by two defenders and therefore I was surprised Pep didn't change the way we played.

The one player who stood out was Walker. Yes, he got his feet tangled just in front of Ederson which led to Salah banging the ball in. But, overall Kyle's pace and determination down the right just edged the MOTM for me.

OziMan

Vital Football Legend
Walker, Gundogan and Kompany seemed to me the best.
Hard to pick a man or men of the match when you are a tad despondent.
We have ourselves been 3-0 up at halftime without scoring in the second half a few times.
Maybe, just maybe we will have our revenge in spades when they visit us.

Walker, Gundogan and Kompany seemed to me the best.
Hard to pick a man or men of the match when you are a tad despondent.
We have ourselves been 3-0 up at halftime without scoring in the second half a few times.
Maybe, just maybe we will have our revenge in spades when they visit us.
does that mean you have not voted Ozi?

I wonder why that was BD, do you think the attack on the bus had anything to do with it?
Possibly, can't quite fathom it, we were in a battle and some of ours were strolling, Silva and DeBruyne in particular annoyed me in this regard lin that first half last night, Gundogan too for bottling that challenge with Milner that led to Ox goal, Sane for constantly fluffing his lines in good positions, Ederson for that weak parry on their first and not coming for the cross on their third, I could go on but I'd be here all day.

Possibly, can't quite fathom it, we were in a battle and some of ours were strolling, Silva and DeBruyne in particular annoyed me in this regard lin that first half last night, Gundogan too for bottling that challenge with Milner that led to Ox goal, Sane for constantly fluffing his lines in good positions, Ederson for that weak parry on their first and not coming for the cross on their third, I could go on but I'd be here all day.

Good analysis we only seem to do it at Liverpool though and Jesus needed someone with him, he plays better when he has someone to feed off and had to come looking for the ball which is always a bad sign. Also I don't know why he used Laporte who is not yet 'premier fit' a good defender but it needed someone quicker, but Liverpool were fortunate to get the rebounds all night

Good analysis we only seem to do it at Liverpool though and Jesus needed someone with him, he plays better when he has someone to feed off and had to come looking for the ball which is always a bad sign. Also I don't know why he used Laporte who is not yet 'premier fit' a good defender but it needed someone quicker, but Liverpool were fortunate to get the rebounds all night
I think the rebounds they got were a result of their attitude, I'm a firm believer in making your own luck and this is what they did last night by fighting for every inch.