Man has natural brewery in his stomach | Vital Football

Man has natural brewery in his stomach

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
What is there to say?

Man has natural brewery in his STOMACH which turns food into pure alcohol

A TEETOTAL man is constantly at risk of being drunk as his stomach turns everything he eats into pure alcohol.

Matthew Hogg, 34, suffers from a rare condition known as auto-brewery syndrome, where an overgrowth of yeast in his small intestine produces pure ethanol that is then absorbed directly into the bloodstream.

The condition went undetected for 20 years meaning he spent years being 'drunk' after eating highly starchy or sugary foods - even when he was at primary school.

He is unable to hold down a job, and has to stick to a very strict diet as even a small portion of rice makes him feel like he has drunk three bottles of wine.

Continued:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/434320/Man-has-natural-brewery-in-his-STOMACH-which-turns-food-into-pure-alcohol?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_term=VPL+4721+for+List+4297&utm_content=%%%3dRedirectTo(%40Linkraw)%3d%%&utm_campaign=Express_Newsletter

Slightly related. My dad knew a chap, I had a happy afternoon with his daughter when younger,.. I digress... Who did home brew. He drunk so much, plus not fully and /or properly brewed he ended up effectively brewing his beer internally.

Died of liver damage.

Nice little story to cheer up a Sunday afternoon that!

The Fear - 6/10/2013 15:06

Slightly related. My dad knew a chap, I had a happy afternoon with his daughter when younger,.. I digress... Who did home brew. He drunk so much, plus not fully and /or properly brewed he ended up effectively brewing his beer internally.

Died of liver damage.

Nice little story to cheer up a Sunday afternoon that!

Alcoholism too :10: Glad you shared the face you had a nice afternoon though, through knowing him