Man City v Tottenham | Vital Football

Man City v Tottenham

Completely indifferent as to who won, it was a superb cup tie to watch.

It's why I don't like var, just ruins the emotions of football.

I don't like VAR either....why not just go the whole hog and have a computer controlling the game with a R2D2 robot running the lines....mind you it would be an improvement on that prick on Sunday but its wheels may get stuck in the slutch.

Well I didn't see it cos I dont have BTSports and refuse to pay for it on top of my Sky subscription. Its a scandal that Champions League is on a minor Chanel cant even see the highlights:mad::mad:

Another vote against VAR. Footballs all about that feeling when the ball hits the net. Can you imagine how much different Ben Watsons winner would have been if we'd had to sit there for two minutes to confirm the decision first. I think it's fair to say that we have suffered from bad decisions as much as any side outside the big six in the past but I'd rather that than this stop start nonsense.
Also...in the past if a player goes down ridicously easily, the referee could say, "get up you big jessie". With VAR, if there's contact that penaltys being given. It works in the favour of going down theatrically if anything.

However city fans crying about the llorente handball decision all over the net is funny.
Never forget Shaun Goaters winner in the play offs. I should probably let it go 20years later but it broke a thirteen year old heart and I'm sticking with it and happy to be called a bitter soft lad.

Well I didn't see it cos I dont have BTSports and refuse to pay for it on top of my Sky subscription. Its a scandal that Champions League is on a minor Chanel cant even see the highlights:mad::mad:

Agreed. I think they've uploaded short highlights to YouTube, though, so you can watch the goals there.

VAR decision harsh on city for the Spurs goal I thought. I think the way Rugby League operates is the way forward. The referee makes the decision (goal \ no goal, pen \ no pen etc) and the video ref can only overturn it if there's clear evidence he was wrong.

VAR has made the game fairer, I do like how they do it in rugby union a little different to league. Ref decides on the spot but asks for sufficient evidence to overrule E.g. “is there any reason why I may not allow the try”.

Another vote against VAR. Footballs all about that feeling when the ball hits the net. Can you imagine how much different Ben Watsons winner would have been if we'd had to sit there for two minutes to confirm the decision first. I think it's fair to say that we have suffered from bad decisions as much as any side outside the big six in the past but I'd rather that than this stop start nonsense.
Also...in the past if a player goes down ridicously easily, the referee could say, "get up you big jessie". With VAR, if there's contact that penaltys being given. It works in the favour of going down theatrically if anything.

However city fans crying about the llorente handball decision all over the net is funny.
Never forget Shaun Goaters winner in the play offs. I should probably let it go 20years later but it broke a thirteen year old heart and I'm sticking with it and happy to be called a bitter soft lad.

Good point about the Goater handball. I was at Maine Road for that one and was a scandalous decision, plus the non pen. Even so it's football and as you rightly point out can you imagine celebrating Watsons injury time goal in the manner I guess everyone did to see it scrapped a minute later for a minor infringement. Var is ruining what is so good about football and is not needed in our sport.