Man City v NUFC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Man City v NUFC

Every single fucking time a defender traps the ball they look up and hoof it. Seriously at what point does the penny drop it's not working

Another defeat. 2 shots on target in 90 mins. Never going to win games with that sort of statistic. Bottom three now.
Rafa will be pleased at a committed. Defensive display,

Another defeat. 2 shots on target in 90 mins. Never going to win games with that sort of statistic. Bottom three now.
Rafa will be pleased at a committed. Defensive display,
We are never going to win games when opponents have individuals who cost more than twice our whole starting line up.

A sign of the times when we get a moral victory by losing by the smallest margin although there is method in Rafa's seeming madness.

I have't seen the game yet but after reading the match reports I share Rafa's optimism.....

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...ite-newcastle-slipping-into-the-bottom-three/

........and I am even more convinced that Ashley absolutely knows what he is doing,.
reckon he's already counting the Sky loot for next season.

Lesser teams will not be able to live with our style of football and despite the criticism of the squad we are finding the net without even really trying.

Six million is a snip.

I don't know why some are hailing this tight defensive display, it wasn't that good. NUFC got carved open quite a few times, too many silly defensive errors. I understand Rafa's logic in parking the bus, having a chance at scraping a point but that only works if the players can actually defend. Lascelles wasn't his best, Fernandez looks a good player but the rest are a defensive liability.

If it wasn't for Dubravka then it could've been more and Man City didnt really play at their best.

Playing a team that has more costly players than your own does not excuse having two shots on target. Even mediocre players, which most of our are, should be capable of getting more than two shots on target in 90 minutes.
The reason they don't is the defensive tactics.
We knew the start was difficult but surely we expected more than one point so far.
I think we are sleepwalking into relegation, even at this early stage. Need more than a point a game to reach the 40 point target.
Midfield is totally devoid of creation and Rondon is feeding off scraps.
Dubravka the main plus and that says it all.

Quite a few negative comments about a result that many would have taken in advance.

Has anyone learnt anything from last season ?
Where is the trust in Rafa ?

Realistic comments not necessarily negative.
You may trust him but I don't. Good CV but is he past his sell by date.
I hope not. Time will tell.
A good buy in Rondon but Ki not so good.

I dont think there is any sleepwalking whatsoever as the club target of 17th or above will be met. I have no doubt of that. The only thing that will scupper things is if we get a resignation from Rafa, with all the kick off that should bring, or a surprise or enforced sale.

Aside from the difficult start, with a bit of luck and hindsight we could have beaten Spurs, beat Cardiff if that pen had went the other side, drew with Chelsea if Yedlin had let that shot go or nicked a late goal yesterday.

Instead of 1 point, we could have had 7 or 8 quite easily without hitting the heights although then again, we could so easily have been on 0. Still early days with no pressure on.

Yet.

Spot on,although I see the Cardiff game as two points lost, Benitez can afford to make the odd mistake so poor is the premiership and so effective are his tactics.

I dont think there is any sleepwalking whatsoever as the club target of 17th or above will be met. I have no doubt of that. The only thing that will scupper things is if we get a resignation from Rafa, with all the kick off that should bring, or a surprise or enforced sale.

Aside from the difficult start, with a bit of luck and hindsight we could have beaten Spurs, beat Cardiff if that pen had went the other side, drew with Chelsea if Yedlin had let that shot go or nicked a late goal yesterday.

Instead of 1 point, we could have had 7 or 8 quite easily without hitting the heights although then again, we could so easily have been on 0. Still early days with no pressure on.

Yet.
I'm with you about the target being met. I try to put myself in the manager's position and what would I do. Frankly, the top 6 or so are beyond us. Minimise goal difference against those, maybe with the odd point at home and give my best shots to the other 13 teams in the league. Knowing that the owner will not stump up cash, look out for the best loan prospects in Jan, meanwhile, pick up wins at home and some points away against the rest of the league.

I'm not convinced that we have enough for 13 home wins but I would do my best to make sure we got as close as we could.

I know.
As for if this shot had not hit the post, hit the penalty had been scored, if only we has luck, it's all meaningless, deal in what has happened.
Waiting till January is very risky and no guarantee that dealings then will pull-us out of any trouble.
I would not be confident of beating anyone at the moment to be honest. Too hit and miss.
Let's hope it comes good.