Man City v Newcastle | Vital Football

Man City v Newcastle

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
2-0 at half time and so far confirming what we already knew. Poor finishing by Newcastle and an error by the keeper, highlighting the need for several incomings and a good few outgoings.

We're playing Manchester City, less than 6 months ago Cambridge were giving us a hiding . Much like the Liverpool game it shows where we need to aim for. This isn't a pointed criticism of Howe (who everyone who's read my posts must know I've been hugely impressed by) but an observation; he does need to have a plan for certain games. We conceded far too many chances against Liverpool and here haven't even looked like competing.

Aye, this game has taught is little we didn't already know.

The squad needs an overhaul which will be done gradually over a few seasons.

I said when Howe got the job - I was a bit underwhelmed but if he kept us up he deserved his chance to rebuild us

A season without fear of relegation, a good cup run and more of the feel good factor will do me next season

Was glad to see lascelles in the team today after Liverpool dropping points yesterday. Think we should have rested more players today and in hindsight even more so.

We're playing Manchester City, less than 6 months ago Cambridge were giving us a hiding . Much like the Liverpool game it shows where we need to aim for. This isn't a pointed criticism of Howe (who everyone who's read my posts must know I've been hugely impressed by) but an observation; he does need to have a plan for certain games. We conceded far too many chances against Liverpool and here haven't even looked like competing.

No idea what the game plan/aim was today. We should have played the second string, don't think the result would have been much worse either. Go and try and get a result against arsenal

We are poles apart even if we had taken one of our few chances the outcome would have been just the same a loss maybe not 5-0 but the result really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Our game v Arsenal may tell us more?

One final point and for the first time in a long while it's regarding our away support. What the fuck are you doing singing "Champion's League you're having a laugh" ?

City have quality players in every position, and most have been expensive signings. To attract these players it helps if you can offer CL football, a realistic chance of a trophy and a vision of what you expect to achieve. While there may be little chance of attracting many, if any to SJP the turn around since November has been remarkable.

Aye, this game has taught is little we didn't already know.

The squad needs an overhaul which will be done gradually over a few seasons.

I said when Howe got the job - I was a bit underwhelmed but if he kept us up he deserved his chance to rebuild us

A season without fear of relegation, a good cup run and more of the feel good factor will do me next season
Exactly this McCreery perhaps add to that not expecting to get beaten every game as well

It is 12 days since the headlines on the back page of a national newspaper read 'Breathtaking', 'City and Real serve up seven goal epic - and it's only half time'. That is the level we were up against today. It is more than we can cope with at every level and it showed today.

I think they were singing about Man City losing late on in Madrid. Just something that fans do I guess.

I think they were singing about Man City losing late on in Madrid. Just something that fans do I guess.

Oh I know that's why . I just found it pathetically ludicrous. Mocking a team for going out at the Champions League Semi Final. We were last in the Champions League under Bobby. When we were last in any semi final ?