Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-) | Page 9 | Vital Football

Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-)

Not going to disagree with you CS but Harry brings so much more to the table than scoring . IMO what we missed most was somebody to to be a target , hold the ball and bring runners into it . Llorente should be that man ! But wasn’t .

That component of your argument I fully concur with. Therein lies a problem with our squad. No one else either have that skill set or has been developed to provide that asset. We have that issue all over the pitch, we struggle for cover for a number of players, not withstanding the injury crisis. Hence the continual burn-out.

Not going to disagree with you CS but Harry brings so much more to the table than scoring . IMO what we missed most was somebody to to be a target , hold the ball and bring runners into it . Llorente should be that man ! But wasn’t .
We have the pace and runners with Alli ,
( sorry Richmond) Sonny , Moura ,Christian but running alone from the halfway line isn’t always easy .
For me this is mental, we have IMO one of the top 3 CF in Europe and some are saying we would be better off without him, lunacy!

Just watced the match, pretty happy with the performance. We had a few good opportunities but ManC were the better team.

Ref missed some penalty shouts both ways.

What I found interesting was Foyth and KWP. Foyth is seen as not good enough to allow rest for our senior CBs, and KWP is apparently not good enough even when the 2 senior RBs are injured.

Sadly, it seems that KWP is not regarded highly by the coaching staf so will probably be sold or loaned out.

I think that this also demonstrates that we must sign a 3rd choice CB, personally I'd sell Foyth but that won't happen, so a loan to get proper game time and improve is in place.

KWP will be gone in the summer I think, it’s a shame he wasn’t given a chance elsewhere on loan first if this was the case.

What is to be commended is the fact of that , despite all the injuries, with all the shuffling of positions, the debacle of not finding players on the market better than we already have, academy players stepping up , having no home for almost all season ,the manager having (allegedly) his head turned, captain on a drink/ drive arrest , best centre forward in the world out for months , etc etc ...... we find ourselves third in the league and in the semi final of the champions league.
I’m sure somebody will correct me if I’m wrong , but .........what a shit season we are having . !!!!!!!
Of course there is room for improvement , but come on.!
COYS

What is to be commended is the fact of that , despite all the injuries, with all the shuffling of positions, the debacle of not finding players on the market better than we already have, academy players stepping up , having no home for almost all season ,the manager having (allegedly) his head turned, captain on a drink/ drive arrest , best centre forward in the world out for months , etc etc ...... we find ourselves third in the league and in the semi final of the champions league.
I’m sure somebody will correct me if I’m wrong , but .........what a shit season we are having . !!!!!!!
Of course there is room for improvement , but come on.!
COYS
Just shows how bad the other teams are WW.......lol ??

KWP will be gone in the summer I think, it’s a shame he wasn’t given a chance elsewhere on loan first if this was the case.

It's the second season in a row now, lack of game time at this age and stage in development could mean the difference between a first time player and a championship player.

As a squad player? No he’s great.

I wouldn’t have him as a main starter - then I’m not sure any of our CM are.

Spot on. The thought process that Dier should go through an Appendix Op, a subsequent illness followed by a hip injury and come back in an away game at City and play well is so flawed. Considering this was his first pitch time in a while, I thought he did OK. Some of his positional play protecting the back line was fantastic. City were a threat down the wings but were thwarted pretty well through the spine so he must have been doing something right.

As valuable squad player as we have in our squad.

Have to agree. That has been his form for the last 2 and a half years. He is average it's time everyone just accepts he is nothing more than a squad player.

Nowhere near good enough to be a first 11 player for us.

He's been off for 6 months.

There was a time that having Dier and Alli on the pitch together was good for us, but that was a while ago. Now they are declining & are not the same players for us as they once were. If Dier is a squad player, Alli is heading in that direction too.

Spot on. The thought process that Dier should go through an Appendix Op, a subsequent illness followed by a hip injury and come back in an away game at City and play well is so flawed. Considering this was his first pitch time in a while, I thought he did OK. Some of his positional play protecting the back line was fantastic. City were a threat down the wings but were thwarted pretty well through the spine so he must have been doing something right.

As valuable squad player as we have in our squad.
I suspect he only played because he had to due to our injuries. He has been through a difficult time so I reserve judgement for now.

Well I was wrong. Arsenal and Man Utd lose and Chelsea draw. 3rd is in our hands now and we cannot mess it up.

Have to agree. That has been his form for the last 2 and a half years. He is average it's time everyone just accepts he is nothing more than a squad player.

Nowhere near good enough to be a first 11 player for us.

He is good enough he's just not been fit enough for long enough to get any sort of consistency.

He's still relatively young and if he can get over these injuries he's still a massive player for us. No coincidence we were at our best when he was playing week in week out 2-3 years ago.

He is good enough he's just not been fit enough for long enough to get any sort of consistency.

He's still relatively young and if he can get over these injuries he's still a massive player for us. No coincidence we were at our best when he was playing week in week out 2-3 years ago.

Don't agree. For me at our best he wasn't in the first 11.