Man City ban over FFP | Vital Football

Man City ban over FFP

Man City banned from the Champions League for two seasons after seriously misleading UEFA and failing FFP.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...fp-uefa?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Samsung_Internet

What are Derby's chances of getting away with it based on that precedent? Totally different bodies, but...
It looks as if it is trying to mislead UEFA that has increased the severity of the ban as you say very much along the lines of Derby & Sheff Weds. Whats the betting the CAS reduce it on appeal though

It looks as if it is trying to mislead UEFA that has increased the severity of the ban as you say very much along the lines of Derby & Sheff Weds. Whats the betting the CAS reduce it on appeal though
Yeah, it will be postponed and then quietly shelved like most of these things.

I'm sure they will just apply the same punishment to Derby and ban them from the Champions League for two seasons.

It will be interesting to see given what happened with AC. I did wonder if the two years was in anticipation of CAS lowering it to 1.

Milan's initial appeal was successful; I am not sure on what grounds; however, they then went on to breach the rules the following season and were handed a two year ban.

This was happening at the same time as an ownership change at Milan; the new owners approached UEFA requesting leniency and put forward a detailed proposal of much stricter governance within the Club.

UEFA accepted the proposal and reduced the ban from two years to one; that's my understanding of events; could be wrong.

Cant see this happening at City; they have already informed UEFA that they are prepared to spend 30m in legal fees contesting the ruling before they accept the ban.

If the leaked emails are true, and there appears to be no reason to doubt them, why are the relevant authorities not chasing them down for fraud and money laundering?

Filing accounts that are based on pure fiction are actions that should be attracting greater attention.

Milan's initial appeal was successful; I am not sure on what grounds; however, they then went on to breach the rules the following season and were handed a two year ban.

This was happening at the same time as an ownership change at Milan; the new owners approached UEFA requesting leniency and put forward a detailed proposal of much stricter governance within the Club.

UEFA accepted the proposal and reduced the ban from two years to one; that's my understanding of events; could be wrong.

Cant see this happening at City; they have already informed UEFA that they are prepared to spend 30m in legal fees contesting the ruling before they accept the ban.

If the leaked emails are true, and there appears to be no reason to doubt them, why are the relevant authorities not chasing them down for fraud and money laundering?

Filing accounts that are based on pure fiction are actions that should be attracting greater attention.

It was initially an appeal at CAS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44897795

And then they worked with UEFA when they breached again.

30m in legal fees. Holy fuck. I've never really looked upon lawyers as anything but crooks and generally bigger criminals than the clientele they're representing, but this is next level.

The total contempt in which City view the rest of the football world is perfectly summed up in an internal email circulated by Simon Cliff, City's in house lawyer.

When news of the death of Jean Luc Dehaene, chairman, and one of seven members of the investigatory committee looking into the charges against City, reached Cliff, he wrote " 1 down, 6 to go"

What a loathsome c * n t!

The total contempt in which City view the rest of the football world is perfectly summed up in an internal email circulated by Simon Cliff, City's in house lawyer.

When news of the death of Jean Luc Dehaene, chairman, and one of seven members of the investigatory committee looking into the charges against City, reached Cliff, he wrote " 1 down, 6 to go"

What a loathsome c * n t!

Fairly standard behaviour for a lawyer.