Making the rules up | Page 3 | Vital Football

Making the rules up

Totally understand and agree with your summation.
However. The current situation is equally as bad if not far worse.
Utilities owned by foreign companies. No investment. Rising prices and falling service provision and profits leaving the country.

I'll take nationalisation all day long. It will be interesting to see what happens with Network Rail when they are taken under state ownership and relaunched as Great British Railways. I like the sound of the way TOCS and FOCS will have to work together with the infrastructure manager and tickets will be sold by the company not the operators.
Agree!! This country was robbed blind by all the privatisations of the utilities by the Tories. These Utilities were making massive profits for the country. So one has to ask oneself why they were sold off🤔 All the fancy talk in the world doesn’t alter the fact the country was done up like a kipper with these privatisations. They’ll want bailing out when all the profits have gone just like Branson does when there’s nothing in it for him. 😡

Then there's the selling off of all the gold to look at:eek::eek:

True again TT. My opinion is that what was done for short term gain was then. We have the opportunity to reintroduce true relationships between state ownership, investment and value for the user. I couldn't care less what colour government does it with vigour and intent.
They'd get my vote!

People have this idea that, because private companies are run for a profit, there will be better value for money if something is publicly owned. The problem is that the desire for profit is the thing that drives innovation. The civil service, by contrast, is innovation free. They do the same things they've always done, because they've always done it that way, rather than because it's the best way. Every single one I've ever met (and I've worked with many) has the biggest "it'll do" mentality I've ever come across, mostly because they have no desire to make the MP who runs the department look good.

People have this idea that, because private companies are run for a profit, there will be better value for money if something is publicly owned. The problem is that the desire for profit is the thing that drives innovation. The civil service, by contrast, is innovation free. They do the same things they've always done, because they've always done it that way, rather than because it's the best way. Every single one I've ever met (and I've worked with many) has the biggest "it'll do" mentality I've ever come across, mostly because they have no desire to make the MP who runs the department look good.

You highlight the dychotomy between traditional Marxist and Capitalist theory.
Marxism the 2 class dychotomy. The producers and owners of the means of production.
Capitalism, anything from Max Weber, class, status and party, Dahrendorf, the end of ideology and Adam Smith.

my point is not only has the world changed physically but hugely politically and we are able to act and respond instantaniously to micro changes.

All I'm saying is we all know.( those with a brain not addled by bollox indoctrination) that things can easily be changed economically, politically and culturally for the benefit of the majority.
I'm not talking about ending world poverty or stopping little Ahmed walking 20 fucking miles a day for polluted water or shit like that.
But we could easily uplift in no time.

We won't.

I said 2 years ago Covid was the perfect opportunity for the world to unite to defeat a common enemy.
It did fuck all but put me first.

By the by when is China getting the bill for the rest of us putting our lives on hold for 2 years and burying millions?
Blame- Claim- Fact. Dirty bastards!

Under the UN' s plan of action, and progression of capitalism one billion people have been lifted from absolute poverty (something like $1.79 a day..) in the last 20 years.

I used to support government ownership, but now I think privatisation all the way. The problem with government ownership is that it is 'for the people', but it very quickly becomes 'for the people running the bureaucracy'. In essays by Cyril Northcote Parkinson, he proves how public bodies end up getting padded out with people who's only motivation is self preservation. People may not like the idea that e.g. SERCO has such big government contracts, but I can guarantee that they will be giving better value for money in the long run.

well put SREffing (y)

Having worked for 2 nationalised industries that were privatised I can honestly say both were in need of streamlining to become more cost effective and both went too far in pursuit of profit for shareholders and ultimately suffered as a result the standards and service my current employers provide now isn’t a patch on when I first joined but we deliver the service we do for far less than we did targeting the most profitable parts of the business to the detriment of the rest all well and good for the shareholders (of which I am one) but it’s supposed to be a national service. I would be much happier if it was renationalised but too many fat cats are skimming the cream for that to happen

Agree!! This country was robbed blind by all the privatisations of the utilities by the Tories. These Utilities were making massive profits for the country. So one has to ask oneself why they were sold off🤔 All the fancy talk in the world doesn’t alter the fact the country was done up like a kipper with these privatisations. They’ll want bailing out when all the profits have gone just like Branson does when there’s nothing in it for him. 😡
No mate, I made money on it. And remember Labour will take them all back
when they get the chance.