Making the rules up | Page 2 | Vital Football

Making the rules up

I talk to my son and the early arrivers around us + read the programme and go
to the back a couple of times. I like to soak up the atmosphere SBT.
Well the last season we could go I found myself getting in 20 mins or so before kick off to avoid the crush nearer kick off and that’s about as much as I could take i quite often went for a beer just to pass the time but as I say each to their own and if you enjoy it m8 you carry on

Strange place to soak up the atmosphere Chips!
Still, whatever floats your boat. :yes:

You could swan into Wimbledon though without jabs or a mask, they’re targeting certain sports and lines of business the virus isn’t picky it should be either all or none
it makes no difference to me I’m double jabbed anyway but can’t see how they can enforce it,it would take about 4 hrs to check everyone into the ground

They had it at the golf last week - for 32,000 of us - actually worked ok as long as the wifi was up and running.

I'm definitely for it - don't see why life should be held up for those refusing to have the jab.

Germaine was at BDBL 2years ago to see SIR ROD so the lass knows who the best singers are mi owd pal.:yes: Sir Cliff was ok-ish early on with the Shadows but i must say he wouldn't make my top 100 singers nowhere near in fact.UTB

Seems so long ago now doesn't it. Never been a Sir Cliff fan, but to be fair I was never a Sir Rod fan until I saw him at BDTBL.....and the only reason I went was because I wanted to see a concert at BDTBL :yes:

The atmosphere that starts about 5 mins before ko, on a good day. I've been in there 30 mins before. Been to livelier cemeteries.

I've shelled for 2 upper westfield ST's as per. If the hurdles put in front of access and the experience become not worth the effort. Like you I feel football can go fuck itself. It's run by crooks,administered by snowflakes, played in the main by cheating self entitled obscenely paid vvankers and I'll call it a day. shame. Been like a partner who always loved me even when letting me down. C'est la vie.
Football Needs privatising!!! 😂😂

Anyone seen the YouGov 71% thing? They published a poll yesterday saying that 71% of the country support vaccine passports to get into nightclubs. Someone thought that number sounded familiar and did a bit of research:

On 5th July, a YouGov poll found that 71% thought that face masks should remain mandatory. On 14th June, a YouGov poll found that 71% supported delaying the lockdown by a month. On 4th April, a YouGov poll found that 71% supported the introduction of vaccine passports. On 1st April, a YouGov poll found that 71% though that children should be vaccinated. On 4th February, a YouGov poll found that 71% thought that the lockdown should be extended. On 29th December 2020, a YouGov poll found that 71% would support another national lockdown. On 23rd September 2020, a YouGov poll found that 71% supported a second lockdown.

Given that these polls are for a couple of thousand people at most, with large margins of error, the chance that they get the same number every time is almost none existent I would have thought. For the record, the founder of YouGov is Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister...

Couldn't be more privatised.

BTW I've made it clear I staunchly believe railways, public transport, water,gas and electric should all be state owned and run with any and all profit after all overhead reinvested in infrastructure and service.
Yes I agree it couldn’t be more privatised it’s a good example of privatisation. For the few not the many!! 👍

Couldn't be more privatised.

BTW I've made it clear I staunchly believe railways, public transport, water,gas and electric should all be state owned and run with any and all profit after all overhead reinvested in infrastructure and service.
Fine in principle SBT.

The issue is that, without the need to make profit (surplus in the nationalised world) the focus changes to arse covering quango led decisions with the subsequent lack of accountability and a reliance on the gov't of the day to bail out whatever the outcomes.

That fallback position is a massive comfort blanket and safety net for those in charge and so normal business commercial decisions are the 1st to g0.

It also then becomes a monopoly with the attendant fall off in service standards, customer frustration and all exoectations falling on the incumbent government to sort it out whilst the workforce become more militant and betterr able to hold the public/gov't to ransom.

It should work but experience says it doesn't.

Fine in principle SBT.

The issue is that, without the need to make profit (surplus in the nationalised world) the focus changes to arse covering quango led decisions with the subsequent lack of accountability and a reliance on the gov't of the day to bail out whatever the outcomes.

That fallback position is a massive comfort blanket and safety net for those in charge and so normal business commercial decisions are the 1st to g0.

It also then becomes a monopoly with the attendant fall off in service standards, customer frustration and all exoectations falling on the incumbent government to sort it out whilst the workforce become more militant and betterr able to hold the public/gov't to ransom.

It should work but experience says it doesn't.

Totally understand and agree with your summation.
However. The current situation is equally as bad if not far worse.
Utilities owned by foreign companies. No investment. Rising prices and falling service provision and profits leaving the country.

I'll take nationalisation all day long. It will be interesting to see what happens with Network Rail when they are taken under state ownership and relaunched as Great British Railways. I like the sound of the way TOCS and FOCS will have to work together with the infrastructure manager and tickets will be sold by the company not the operators.

The atmosphere that starts about 5 mins before ko, on a good day. I've been in there 30 mins before. Been to livelier cemeteries.
Depends what is in your heart SBT. I feel the same in an empty (almost) Wembley.
Just me but then I never cause the queue minutres before K O.

Last edited: