Major Infrastructure Projects? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Major Infrastructure Projects?

Heard today that the club are looking at a site next to the Netherfield retail park for a new stadium, good source of information but i have my doubts personally.

Does Netherfield have the infrastructure to facilitate a football ground that would be big enough for our needs?

The road network to the City centre and the North of the City does not look great; it looks like its non existant to the South.

No chance.

On even mildly busy day you can be queuing 20 minutes to get into the retail park.

The area he's talking about is horrible industrial land, Including a number of active businesses, a few defunct ones (such as Armitages) that still have buildings and the big Luxfer gas cylinders. You can't realistically get rid of any of these, and you are hemmed in by the river on the other side.

All of this is served by the single carriageway Colwick Loop Road and has Holme Pierrepont just next door, a big Nottingham attraction that no council is going to want disturbed by building works and parked vehicles nearby. There is certainly no scope for any improved transport links.

I would be very surprised if this was a goer.

Netherfield would be a hard sell to the fans. Can you imagine the traffic on the loop road before & after the game?

Lack of adequate transport links alone would make any planning application challenging.

I have said my desire to stay at the cg many times but I must say netherworld (sometimes predictive text gets it right), is not the worst idea we've been given.

Think the road network is irrelevant cos u don't want 30000 travelling by car. The site is very close to the city and is even still close to the Trent we desire. Think it is expensive to link the tram but there could be train options. A multi use stadium would regenerate the whole area if done well.

If the club got the freehold to the land in trust for the fans, the design was world class, the club made money on the stadium use then the city and people would benefit from jobs created and the additional inward investment a large project always sucks in.

I could be persuaded on this one although i have not seen much in the city council yet that would suggest they have the ability to pull off what would be possibly the biggest building project since the tram or further back qmc.

I heard the old girl is lock down with nothing coming in or out atm

Apparently a crack team of posters are drawing up a, ahem, redprint* for success.

Redprint- like a blueprint but with more magical revolving strips of land.
Owd is lock down

Getting away fans from the train station to Netherfield would be an absolute nightmare what are they going to do get a connection from the main station then use tiny Carlton station then walk through most of Netherfield? Boots island was the obvious place but that ship has sailed & was mostly made up anyway.

Plus Netherfield has no good links to the motorway at all.

The first announcement will be the sale of the academy/training site for houses. Don't worry though, plans for a top European facility will be announced based at Holme Pierepoint at the same time.

Pretty much... sale of the entire academy site to develop for housing.

For anyone that knows, it is a much bigger site than you first appreciate, prime location for housing & will generate millions!!!

New site for academy near Holme Pierpoint... state of the art facilities, which will then see them again push for Cat 1.

Also, would allow new Main Stand & redevelop all of that side of the ground/facilities.

Pretty much... sale of the entire academy site to develop for housing.

For anyone that knows, it is a much bigger site than you first appreciate, prime location for housing & will generate millions!!!

New site for academy near Holme Pierpoint... state of the art facilities, which will then see them again push for Cat 1.

Also, would allow new Main Stand & redevelop all of that side of the ground/facilities.

OKD, are you saying that this is a confirmed snippet or are you just speculating?

A new main stand would be a radical departure from the stance that implied it was Imposible/ cant fit one on the site/ not economical/ new ground would be better statements previously adopted by the club and some on here as well. Why the change of heart if this information is the real deal i wonder?

A new main stand would be a radical departure from the stance that implied it was Imposible/ cant fit one on the site/ not economical/ new ground would be better statements previously adopted by the club and some on here as well. Why the change of heart if this information is the real deal i wonder?

Perhaps Marinakis gave the homeowners in the vicinity of the Main Stand an offer they couldn't refuse?

Just passing on what I've heard, which sounds perfectly plausible to me.

I wouldn't say it's a change of heart either - surely, everyone wants the stadium to stay in it's current position - which is a fantastic, iconic & unique location and that does have potential to be improved.

The old council offices on corner/trent bridge are being redeveloped & I never understood why Main Stand couldn't be rebuilt, linked with Bridgford & at same height?

It may well mean a smaller carpark & a change to current area behind Mainstand & up to the club shop.

In terms of parking - it's woeful at the CG - both sides, so why not have parking - again down near Holme Pierrepoint & then 'park & ride' facility.

There is so much that can be done to improve the match day experience and the logistics of parking there have been terrible for ages and getting worse.

We parked behind BC stand against Birmingham (took a disabled relative to game) - son, was with his mates - he left ground at same time, walked to station, got a train & got home 25 minutes quicker than me driving.

Money was perhaps an issue previously - but selling Prime Land at Wilford Lane will generate millions, that will then allow spending on infrastructure.

If that funds a new academy near Holme Pierpoint - I don't see any problem there?

I agree with you OKD, never understood the problems with the site, but without measuring it myself was loathed to comment. If the stand was to be able to attract day to day use, parking would need to be provided or nobody would go. Great idea about park and ride on match days even from other directions as this is the way forward, the local authority would see it as a nice earner as well. Wonder when it will be in for planning?

I agree with you OKD, never understood the problems with the site, but without measuring it myself was loathed to comment. If the stand was to be able to attract day to day use, parking would need to be provided or nobody would go. Great idea about park and ride on match days even from other directions as this is the way forward, the local authority would see it as a nice earner as well. Wonder when it will be in for planning?

A park & ride near Gamston Lock, up to Regatta Way etc or in that area - would be perfect... certainly, would help to free up the Roads - not just on match days either - and that would work for Forest/Notts & Cricket!

Just passing on what I've heard, which sounds perfectly plausible to me.

I wouldn't say it's a change of heart either - surely, everyone wants the stadium to stay in it's current position - which is a fantastic, iconic & unique location and that does have potential to be improved.

The old council offices on corner/trent bridge are being redeveloped & I never understood why Main Stand couldn't be rebuilt, linked with Bridgford & at same height?

It may well mean a smaller carpark & a change to current area behind Mainstand & up to the club shop.

In terms of parking - it's woeful at the CG - both sides, so why not have parking - again down near Holme Pierrepoint & then 'park & ride' facility.

There is so much that can be done to improve the match day experience and the logistics of parking there have been terrible for ages and getting worse.

We parked behind BC stand against Birmingham (took a disabled relative to game) - son, was with his mates - he left ground at same time, walked to station, got a train & got home 25 minutes quicker than me driving.

Money was perhaps an issue previously - but selling Prime Land at Wilford Lane will generate millions, that will then allow spending on infrastructure.

If that funds a new academy near Holme Pierpoint - I don't see any problem there?

would be cool if true and agree about match day experience. park and ride to the east is a good idea and can help but what is really needed imo is a tram link as part of the mix to get lots of people to and fro without massive disruption.