Mainz v Frieburg VAR | Vital Football

Mainz v Frieburg VAR

theothersuffolkred

Vital Squad Member
I know its not Forest related but its hilarious and why VAR is a shit idea.

Ref blows for half-time, Freiburg players go into the dressing room, only for the ref to use VAR for a handball which wasn't appealed for by the players. Mainz are awarded a penalty and are now waiting for Freiburg to return to the pitch?

The whole things looks absolutely shit to me. Never been in favour because I always worried it would slow games down and that's exactly what is happening

EPL have voted against it - problem is though that managers, players, refs etc moan about certain decisions but the ability to review them using VAR just isn't working.

Goal line technology resolves some aspects but when it comes to penalties there will always be one side that is unhappy with the outcome.

EPL have voted against it - problem is though that managers, players, refs etc moan about certain decisions but the ability to review them using VAR just isn't working.

Goal line technology resolves some aspects but when it comes to penalties there will always be one side that is unhappy with the outcome.

The argument will just move on to what should be reviewed under VAR and what shouldn't. Basically, the players and managers will always argue every decision to get an advantage. To counteract this, the refs will want to be getting a VAR on every single difficult decision.

From the (very) little I've seen of it, it's been a complete shambles and breaks the game up entirely.

There is the distinct possibility that this summer's world cup will be ruined by it unless FIFA work out a way to manage it better.

Some terribly bad and slow decisions. Having seen it though, the correct decision was made so the VAR worked. Why the people making the decision were so slow is another matter. The other goal in the same game on the BBC video is quite interesting too. Terrible decision by the GK, followed by the striker hitting the post with an open goal, which fortunately for him rolls into the net.