Main Stand | Page 8 | Vital Football

Main Stand

The Conservative MP for Rushcliffe was quoted as saying " let's get it done" when asked about the thing so no I don't think it's got much to do with political persuasions. To be honest I am at a loss to know quite what RBC are fucking about at other than sitting on their hands may be a habit they can't break.
RBC are, and always have been, a bunch of older upper middle class Nimbyists who serve and are elected by an area of older, upper middle class Nimbyists, many of whom find it somewhat distasteful to have to share their exclusive cosmopolitan area with something as distasteful as a football club.

The fact it's a Tory MP means nothing; the central government under the Tories is not likely to overrule those local electoral concerns from a Tory council, but would probably gleefully do so from a Labour one. That's just the reality

RBC are, and always have been, a bunch of older upper middle class Nimbyists who serve and are elected by an area of older, upper middle class Nimbyists, many of whom find it somewhat distasteful to have to share their exclusive cosmopolitan area with something as distasteful as a football club.

The fact it's a Tory MP means nothing; the central government under the Tories is not likely to overrule those local electoral concerns from a Tory council, but would probably gleefully do so from a Labour one. That's just the reality
To a degree I would agree with you but a sporting day out in West Bridgeford is just about as good as it gets for a young (minded) person. Bars and restaurants catering for every taste from raucous to sedate and everything in between. The place must make a fortune for the local authority to spend on what it wants. To hold back on a Development that will swell the housing stock of the area as well as enhance the main sporting venue just doesn't make any sense.

Planning laws are one of the many things I'm not fully conversant with, but looking at it from the outside & referring back to the article in The Athletic all this expecting the club to pay for this that & the other before they will even consider it is bordering on the corrupt.
I Know that none of us really know what is happening, and where both parties are in the process but if the plans have been submitted surely their planning committee should consider it and either pass it or dismiss it not just leave things dangling in a sort of no mans land.

Many, many years ago I went to a local RBC planning meeting and on the agenda was the planning permission to change the Lady Bay bridge from a rail line bridge to a road bridge. Numerous Tories got up and spoke and their main argument was that more Nottingham riff raff would come over the bridge and spend time in Rushcliffe. Despite their ridiculous arguments it got supported but it took a while. NIMBYism at its best

To a degree I would agree with you but a sporting day out in West Bridgeford is just about as good as it gets for a young (minded) person. Bars and restaurants catering for every taste from raucous to sedate and everything in between. The place must make a fortune for the local authority to spend on what it wants. To hold back on a Development that will swell the housing stock of the area as well as enhance the main sporting venue just doesn't make any sense.

Sadly that was implied in popes post, they dont make any sense to anyone other than themselves!
Would actually help imo if the Govt came in over the top cos the locals could wash their hands and everyone would still vote tory.

Its holding back the city.

Issues with the proposed residential development found by the planners. What can that possibly be other than the club being held to ransom. The drawings have been with them for an age.

I know after a great season, there’s a lot of demand and much less supply, but I do wonder long-term how much capacity we actually need to fulfil ordinary demand (I consider the demand at present to be extraordinary). I can’t see us selling much more than 30,000 home tickets on a regular basis, unless the club does something incredible. Realistically we’ll spend a lot of time in the bottom-half of the Premier League (or in the Championship), and will only ever be one bad manager away from disaster - like 2/3rds of the Premier League and all of the Championship.

I know after a great season, there’s a lot of demand and much less supply, but I do wonder long-term how much capacity we actually need to fulfil ordinary demand (I consider the demand at present to be extraordinary). I can’t see us selling much more than 30,000 home tickets on a regular basis, unless the club does something incredible. Realistically we’ll spend a lot of time in the bottom-half of the Premier League (or in the Championship), and will only ever be one bad manager away from disaster - like 2/3rds of the Premier League and all of the Championship.
I appreciate what you are saying and to some extent I agree with you, however the stadium needs renovation for more reasons than just capacity doesn't it? We have just got back into one of the biggest sporting events in the world, that should be the catalyst for the club and the city to provide a suitable venue for it to be enjoyed to the full.

I appreciate what you are saying and to some extent I agree with you, however the stadium needs renovation for more reasons than just capacity doesn't it? We have just got back into one of the biggest sporting events in the world, that should be the catalyst for the club and the city to provide a suitable venue for it to be enjoyed to the full.

I’m not against the renovations by any means, I was just wondering where we’ll eventually settle in terms of attendances. Even without an increase in capacity, the Peter Taylor Stand needs bulldozing and replacing.

I would scrap the plans and look to build new somewhere else
Fuck RBC. Absolute joke it’s taking this long. Find a site somewhere else and build a world class 40,000
Seat stadium while staying at the city ground until it’s ready

I’m not against the renovations by any means, I was just wondering where we’ll eventually settle in terms of attendances. Even without an increase in capacity, the Peter Taylor Stand needs bulldozing and replacing.

Jb is making the point about increasing facilities, tying the community and club closer, regeneration and the wider benefits.

RBC behaving like a parish council

I would scrap the plans and look to build new somewhere else
Fuck RBC. Absolute joke it’s taking this long. Find a site somewhere else and build a world class 40,000
Seat stadium while staying at the city ground until it’s ready

Its a toss up between this and burning RBC to the ground

Who knows where we will settle, that's impossible to predict other than to look at similar provincial clubs as a guide. What I would say though is the city is more passionate about its number one football team than ever it was in my time as a regular season ticket holder and that includes the magic years of the Clough era