Maidenhead | Vital Football

Maidenhead

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
If we play like we did in the first half against Chesterfield we should win the game but as always it is a big "if". I wonder what the impact of the Bromley loss has been? Quite often in football one defeat can lead to another. Maidenhead are showing decent form with only two losses in the last eight games and are good away from home. I would settle for a 1-0 but it will be squeaky bum time.

As I mentioned in a different thread I think 4 points will be enough to confirm fourth place finish. My logic for getting those 4 points was that this game will end in a draw.

I'm considering watching the live stream for this game, which I haven't done at all during the recent unbeaten run .......... so perhaps!

As long as you don't jinx it! (only joking) I have never watched a live stream but have watched all the BT Sports covered games so I saw Torquay hammering, Eastleigh abandoned, Barnet, Notts Co and Chesterfield wins. I must say I am superstitious and would fear I was to blame if I did the live stream and we lost. Yes I admit I am a bit strange.

You're not alone in those superstitions!
I might stick to watching the rugby on TV, just in case I have a negative impact.

Well its 1-4 as I write and Maidenhead only have 10 men. Wheels well and truly fallen off. Looks like we might struggle to finish in the top four. Dunno if you watched the live stream, if you did I bet you wish you hadn't. A narrow loss is always tough but a hammering at home when we had been so good is actually difficult to get your head round.

Watched the live stream until it went to 1 2; couldn't take anymore.
They had obviously done their homework and sussed out that without Liddle to cover Odisina is easily exposed with a ball in behind.

Sadly playing 4 3 3 doesn't work for Pools. Hoping that we can still manage a place in the playoffs.

Yep, it seems obvious that Liddle was sadly missed and with Johnson just coming back from injury it seems Maidenhead caught us at the best possible time as far as they are concerned. Now what I am wondering is if we are capable of bouncing back from such a hammering. We have Aldershot away next Saturday which of course could easily go tits up. I am not feeling very hopeful at the moment. Can we really feck it up with so few games left? It would be some achievement in the History of Pools feck ups. I mean, the title was always going to be a tough ask but I thought top three might be realistic. If the chasing pack keep winning we might not even be in the top seven. I'll be crying into me takeaway tonight.

Just to add to our frustration Torquay were held at home to goalless draw by Bromley.

Definitely getting to "squeaky bum time "

Ultimately I will be happy for a top 7 finish.

Absolutely. If we can manage three more points we should be ok for a top 7 finish. Aldershot might be winnable but we will get nowt from Sutton on their plastic pitch. Final game at the Vic in front of fans could be either a real boost or a shock to the players. I dunno, its starting to get me down. Even if we do make the play offs I don't think we are good enough win three games on the bounce.