Maddison | Page 6 | Vital Football

Maddison

To be fair to Delia, she put in £60m to save our club when we really needed it. /QUOTE]

I don't know where you got that idea from but its not right,

The Late (and Great in my view) Geoffrey Watling RIP. loaned the club £1.5m. Part of his loan £900k (k=1,000) was secured on the freehold of Carrow Rd and registered as a charge on the 3/12/96.

Later the following loans (the so called "buying" seats on the board of directors) were registered as secured on Colney:
£500k MWJ
£500k Delia
£100k BJS Services Ltd
£500k BPP Pension Scheme (Michael Foulger related)

As for the shares, Chase related shares were transferred to G C Watling on the 26/7/96. Delia and MWJ each bought 100 shares from B(arry?) Lockwood and these were transferred on the 7/1/97

It was later when Delia bought shares off Geoffrey Watling (no money going into the club) and then participated in a share issue (money going into the club).

Last edited:
More doom and gloom yet again than a Dads Army Script, lets just wait and see before we all do the lemming run and top ourselves....We have just pulled in 37m

The constant unending snipes towards the clubs owners is enough to make a Samaritan look for the rope and a strong beam!

I think Farke will do his best to bring in players and I thought there was a rumour that four are imminent:

Leitner
Marshall
Jones
Woodman (loan)

and one other: Ducksch?

Some of the player profit has to be used to cover the wages /payoffs and NI contributions re.: Naismith (approx. £2.75m per season), Jarvis (£1.5m?? per season), McGovern, Windschult and Martin.

In addition we have to pay Klose who at least is playing for our team.

Farke and Webber are trying their best to deal with £50m being poured down the drain by our board and our last manager.

OTBC!

Smiths Smiths Smiths...Its all Crackers and Crisps if your blood runs from Norfolk.
A different song needs to start being sung, posters are fed up with hearing it.

The great British public are using their freedom of speech to give an opinion....that's what a football message board is for and not just to blindly follow the cult of Delia!

It’s not just Madders , it’s that it’s the second season in a row that this selling our best players has happened so it’s fair to assume it will happen again next summer . History has proven that clubs who keep doing that end up sinking fast .

We may well rise from the ashes , and I don’t know if that will happen and no fan knows that will happen . I base what I think will happen based on what has happened in the past and I know that Robert Chases policy of selling our best players (Ekouku , Ruel Fox , Ashley Ward and John Newsome) lead us to being in the wilderness for 10 long years . I do not want that , and that’s why I find it heartbreaking we are doing the same thing under our present Board and Owners

Delia's regime has been selling players for ages. Between 30/6/96 and 31/5/03 the club made a profit on trading players of £10.3m.
Indeed its amazing how Chase got hounded out of the club but little is said about the Stowmarket Two.

More terrific reporting from the BBC . Nick will be missed :grinning:

Attachments

• 6E13A1C8-42F4-4A07-A6D9-DDC22D357A25.jpeg
    6E13A1C8-42F4-4A07-A6D9-DDC22D357A25.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 14
For many years Southampton would sell their star players and then buy another burgeoning talent on the cheap.

They seem more able to splash the cash nowadays.

The great British public are using their freedom of speech to give an opinion....that's what a football message board is for and not just to blindly follow the cult of Delia!
So who is the blind one here? quoting a cult, thats the most stupid remark ever on here, A Delia cult, do me a favour!