Maddison | Page 5 | Vital Football

Maddison

The owners are destroying our ( not their club ) and I will continue to voice my utter disgust of them and how their selfish actions will be the demise of the club. £ 37 million it may be but a tiny fraction will be spent on replacement players and it will be used to plug a hole caused by their lack of ambition. How can we celebrate selling the only few good players we have when the consequence is a weaker squad and team heading for lower depths ?
If anybody can inform me of the advantage of selling Maddison, banking bulk of fee and buying second rate crap with the remainder
of the balance I will be happy to listen.

More doom and gloom yet again than a Dads Army Script, lets just wait and see before we all do the lemming run and top ourselves....We have just pulled in 37m

The constant unending snipes towards the clubs owners is enough to make a Samaritan look for the rope and a strong beam!
Well said FFL

To be fair to Delia, she put in £60m to save our club when we really needed it. Yes, she hoped it was an investment and steadily took her money back. She has never accepted interest on that loan and has put more into the club than has taken out. Instead of slagging her off all the time, we should be thanking her and Michael. The scum down the road not only got themselves a wealthy benefactor, they went into administration and Evans came out the other side after never paying back any of the small businesses that were owed for their wares. That is not the sort of club we want to be. The vast majority of big investors we will attract will always take more out than they put in so be very careful what you wish for. It is usually better the devil you know and I for one will continue to support the board, management and team in this latest long term project. If it fails, well I will have lost my investment but not through a lack of ambition. It would be nice to hear how many on this site agree with any of these statements.Oh and well done to JM and his team, I hope he does well at Leicester.?

I want to see my club proudly playing with fight (like Huddersfield) in the Premier League . I can no longer support the Smiths who blatantly show a complete lack of passion , desire , fight , determination and passion to be there . If they did , and matched that ambition I would support them

I'm sorry, I don't agree YB. I see them every week showing passion but we are all entitled to our own opinions as thankfully we still live in a democratic country.

Hucks view on Maddison move:

'Great move for him, both #NCFC and @Coventry_City are gonna get serious money out of it, the facts are he is too good to be playing for a Mid table Championship club and that’s sadly where Norwich are at the minute, let’s hope some of the money is invested back into the team!

Keep hoping Hucks.

The Wolves winger Ben Marshall who we are 'fighting hard for' is rumoured to have an asking price of 1 million. Millwall and ourselves are fighting for it to be 800k!!! Shows the money we want to spend from that 'serious money'

I'm sorry, I don't agree YB. I see them every week showing passion but we are all entitled to our own opinions as thankfully we still live in a democratic country.

Agreed ..... it is healthy to have a variety of opinion on here , and unlike some forums it never turns nasty and that’s something Vital can be very proud of

Agreed ..... it is healthy to have a variety of opinion on here , and unlike some forums it never turns nasty and that’s something Vital can be very proud of
True - it is good to have a variety of opinion and I support his right to say it. Even though I would like to see a change of control.

We would all no doubt love that elusive Billionair to come into the club, maybe one day it just might happen until then just got to suck it and see.
Our club exists and will thrive in the Premiership again, for the smaller and less bankrolled clubs its a yo yo existance to and fro from Championship and Premiership.

Smiths Smiths Smiths...Its all Crackers and Crisps if your blood runs from Norfolk.
A different song needs to start being sung, posters are fed up with hearing it.

Just back from Nottingham and after enjoying watching England beat Tunisia on the telly, the following day I have watched England score the biggest ever total in history of 50 over cricket.
What passion and entertainment. I would like some of that back at Carrow Road very soon.

I am heartbroken . All our fans hated Chase for selling all our best players and the protests got him out . Yet now the same thing is happening now and fans are defending Smith . Absolutely unbelievable

Why heartbroken YB...Did you believe for 1 second that Maddison would stay with us? you like everyone else must have been prepared for the inevitable surely.
The Phoenix will rise from the ashes...just wait and see.

I hope you are right FFL . First steps now will be see if we now buy the players for us to make a challenge at the top of the League

We all were aware that the Maddison sale was happening in June.
I would imagine that YB is heartbroken over the general state of the club and the future of selling any good player. The fact that these are likely to be ' one of our own ' will make it difficult to accept, in particular if it is within 6 months or a year as soon as a premier league club offers good money regardless of lack of premier league experience.
Until there are changes we will have to sell all good players.

Southampton are way better than us at producing young players and look at them now. It cannot go on for ever.

FFL. I admire your optimism and as ever I am the opposite but I do need evidence that something is going to happen to make things better.
I currently see the same board, same manager and a potentially worse squad as last season with a 14th place finish and are therefore struggling to see where the vast improvement is coming from.

It’s not just Madders , it’s that it’s the second season in a row that this selling our best players has happened so it’s fair to assume it will happen again next summer . History has proven that clubs who keep doing that end up sinking fast .

We may well rise from the ashes , and I don’t know if that will happen and no fan knows that will happen . I base what I think will happen based on what has happened in the past and I know that Robert Chases policy of selling our best players (Ekouku , Ruel Fox , Ashley Ward and John Newsome) lead us to being in the wilderness for 10 long years . I do not want that , and that’s why I find it heartbreaking we are doing the same thing under our present Board and Owners