Maddison | Vital Football

Maddison

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
We have the summer transfer thread but I thought I would put this up individual news:

On a Liverpool fan website, they say that one of their sources have been told that Maddison has agreed to terms with Liverpool.

Now it is still a rumour but thought I put it up.

It always seems crazy to me how a regular fan has a contact at
a club who know what is going on that press do not and is prepared to put it on social media.
Usually a load of kak.

I read that and loads of media outlets have jumped all over it but I don't consider it worthy/reliable enough to write about. The number of times we've all read ”I’ve got a mate at the club...”

As Maddison says he will only move if it is right for him and he plays - Liverpool has a lot of good players in his position. I could see him playing at an Everton or even an Arsenal but Spuds, Liverpool, Man City have so many players in his role.

Liverpool or Spurs would be the best moves for him in my opinion - he may not be a starter, but he’d get plenty of game time, and likely be a starter a year after joining if he played well (like Alli did at Spurs)

I think the best we can hope for is to sell him for about £25 mil and then be able to loan him back for a season.
Of courde I would be more than happy if he decided to stay but I think Delia is seeing the pound signs...

We will only have around 2 million to spend according to the media and will only be able to increase the spending power from sales so its a sad one but I think he has to go for us to be able to move forward and improve the squad, well that is the hope the money will probably not be spent and if any is it will be on the wrong players.

Spend it on Leitner, a ready made replacement for both Wes and Maddison. We’re actually going to be short of a number 10 for the first time in several years...

It seems the guys over at EDP/Pink Un have already had enough of Srbeny.

We need at least two new forwards in summer

With £ 2 million to spend ? and one striker playing at a time we may well end up with strikers having an even worse total than the pathetic 11 as this season with 2 games to go.

He'd be nuts to go to a big team and bench sit. Better playing for City every week than warming the bench. Thats so frustrating. How some of these top players who earn a lot and only play the odd cup game enjoy their work I dont know. Surely there's something more to drop down to a lesser team and enjoy your calling. To me its a non-brainer.

The update isn't really an update. The Norwich medical team have said they are letting the swelling go down and he will then have a scan and then they will see. They are saying he will need some rest.

What was said about the injury at the time sounds bad.:

'We must wait for the results to come back. It could be ligaments or the inner band. He got a big hit on his knee and he felt it break. It doesn’t look good. It was a duel and he slipped away from the tackle and felt something in his knee go. If I am honest, it doesn’t look good at present and he doesn’t feel happy at all with his knee. Let’s wait what the scans say.'

INJURY UPDATE ..... Madders knee injury not as bad as first feared . No operation required and he can resume training in 8 weeks .

Who he will be training with has not been clearly explained though ! !

Good news for the kid and for the club - Liverpool have had a scout watching him at every game this season, and as Bears originally put, it's seems a pretty well known secret they will get him in the summer. I think it's a good move for him, he'll get plenty of gametime for them and he goes to the team I'm fairly sure he supports. And we get the £25m+ we need from his sale too!