Macclesfield | Page 13 | Vital Football

Macclesfield

If it’s any consolation to Macc fans, Bury AFC are up and running in the NW Counties league kicking off on Oct 3rd. Fans will probably be allowed in, so will at least get to see their side after missing out completely last season.

I see they are already offering advice to Macc fans which is nice .... a sad day though.

Yep.
Too late for any phoenix club for this season of course, but gives the fans plenty of time to put things in place for next season.
Prime necessity is a groundshare so maybe Congleton or Leek?
Anyway, hope they get something sorted in time for applying for a slot next season.

I don’t think football should bail out badly run clubs but it sticks in the craw that Macclesfield have lost their football club whilst thirty miles up the road a corrupt Gulf state is pouring billions of pounds into a vanity/sportwashing project,

I’ve read some absolute garbage in my time .... but bravo, you have eclipsed that with an affluence of effluence that not even the bitterest Heysel denying bin dipper could muster 👏🏻👏🏻

Nah Notty I’m a man of peace these days .... it just amuses me to know that every time he fills up his car at the pumps, he’s contributing in a small way to help fund the next signing 😉

Well, there's a revelation! You'll be telling me you're a fluffy, tree-hugging, vegan bleeding heart liberal next. ;)

I’ve read some absolute garbage in my time .... but bravo, you have eclipsed that with an affluence of effluence that not even the bitterest Heysel denying bin dipper could muster 👏🏻👏🏻

‘Bindipper’. If you were a real Mancunian you’d know that’s just Thatcherite, lowest common denominator bullshit.

‘Bindipper’. If you were a real Mancunian you’d know that’s just Thatcherite, lowest common denominator bullshit.
I was born in Lincoln, my uncle was born in Hyde and first took me to Maine Road in 78' .... have been to many City v Reds fixtures over the years, Everton fans living in the same vicinity have my deepest sympathy.

Sad. I get no pleasure from seeing that.Was it just bad/iffy ownership, or were they just unsustainable?
Dodgy owner, who seemed to use Macc to fund his other businesses rather than paying the people at the Club. Been on the cards for years, was always going to happen.

Makes you wonder why Askey didn't walk away earlier with £170k owed to him!

According to an article in this week's NLP, there are two potential bidders interested in buying Macc - Joe Sealey, a local businessman who tried to take over last year, and a group including former chairman Mark Blower. But the club's status needs to be confirmed eg can the winding up order be rescinded? and the National League are in dialogue

Good luck to them. On the face of it the new owner seems to be of a better standard and interesting that Robbie Savage has become involved. Bit of a gob shite but he does contribute to local football in that area

Very pleased for them. Always seem to have to struggle for what they get.

A few years ago denied promotion to the football league because Moss Rose didn't meet FL requirements - although they had a suitable groundshare arranged - and other teams in the FL had groundshare arrangements at the time - double standards applied to them

Then this current owner shafting them

Hope this new set up works - Robbie Savage came up through the Crewe team (also in Cheshire), and understands lower league football, so good luck to them

The Keith A/Richard B tribute in their "new" main stand very touching too

Good luck to them. We've had a few decent tussles over the years, haven't we? The problem always seems to be that they never get many more than 2000 through the gate. And duff owners, of course.