Macclesfield | Page 12 | Vital Football

Macclesfield

EFL have thrown their request out. Relegation confirmed. Will the NL admit them with their finances might be a more pressing question for them now
The NL *have* to admit them, I think. The only question will be National League or National League North (unless they go bust or voluntarily start in another league).

Been given 7 days to satisfy everyone that they can pay their c£800k debts - £190k of that to the tax man.

Requested a 3 week extension, which was rejected.

I hope Macc survive, partly because of our "connections" with them, but also because I had thought of going to an odd game on a free Saturday next season, subject to numbers etc

Southend were also in court this morning, owing £500k and have been given an extension until 28th October.

Blimey. Had to happen to a club, eventually. Good luck with any phoenix effort the fans put together.

Sad. I get no pleasure from seeing that.Was it just bad/iffy ownership, or were they just unsustainable?

Seems the judge has said that AA can appeal to get the winding up order rescinded if the debts are paid . Mind you does he have the money ??? Also former manager John ASkey was in court to say he supported the winding up order and said he was own £173.000 . Its a sham what ever happens , living in the borough of Macclesfield i do hope positive things happen but .............

Blimey. Had to happen to a club, eventually. Good luck with any phoenix effort the fans put together.

If it’s any consolation to Macc fans, Bury AFC are up and running in the NW Counties league kicking off on Oct 3rd. Fans will probably be allowed in, so will at least get to see their side after missing out completely last season.

I see they are already offering advice to Macc fans which is nice .... a sad day though.

Very sad to see, I think we’ve all had some good (and bad) times on that terrace at Macc.

I don’t think football should bail out badly run clubs but it sticks in the craw that Macclesfield have lost their football club whilst thirty miles up the road a corrupt Gulf state is pouring billions of pounds into a vanity/sportwashing project, or that some American carpetbaggers have been able to purchase a club through leveraging huge debts onto it.