Macclesfield | Page 2 | Vital Football

Macclesfield

I understand that their next wages are due at the end of the month which they have difficulty in paying, their Ground safety certificate has been outstanding since the summer and the Council have had enough and prevented spectators attending. The EFL will not allow behind closed door games in these circumstances. Can Macc make the end of season, looks very doubtful, sad for their 1,000 hardcore supporters. Makes you wonder who is next in line.

Feel for the Plymouth fans, yesterday Macclesfield turned around and said the games is on, but today it is showing as being off on various media outlets. It’s not like it’s a 50 minute journey they face. What a complete farce.

Well with no stadium safety certificate, and players understandably on strike, there seems to be little hope for Macc.
Without a big benefactor riding in (and ultra soon), they will be terminating their season in not too many weeks (or even days).

And there'll therefore be no relegation places to fill at bottom of Lge 2.

I read Askey hasn’t yet been paid his £200k promotion bonus.
Made me wonder what kind of bonuses we were paying if that’s what Macc were offering

I read Askey hasn’t yet been paid his £200k promotion bonus.
Made me wonder what kind of bonuses we were paying if that’s what Macc were offering

I would hope nothing like that.
Macc do seem to have been paying (or at least promising to pay) some very large amounts.
The claim Campbell has put in for 4 mths unpaid equates to an annual salary of way over half a million, utterly ludicrous for a club as small as Macclesfield.
It's no wonder they are now totally screwed financially.

Absolutely, but hopefully this will finally force the buffoons at The EFL to introduce mandatory points deductions into their rules for non fulfilment of fixtures.

And as we all here realise, is staggering to have to even say that, as all other leagues do deduct points where clubs fail to fulfil any fixture. Yet the oldest league in the world is totally incapable and run by halfwits.

Failed to pay their players again. Another deduction on the way?

They've got 4 points suspended, so you'd imagine they'll get them docked, assuming they were related to non-payments rather than the non-playing of the Crewe game.