Macclesfield | Page 6 | Vital Football

Macclesfield

2 point deduction which means that they stay above Stevenage. A cynic might suggest that the EFL are making it all up as they go along to suit.

Legal challenge from Stevenage ahoy ??

The EFL have put themselves between a rock and a hard place. Punished Macc but not Bolton (adequately, altho' maybe that's academic now. But Stevenage haven';t defaulted on paying players, but Macc have and so have gained a benefit by living beyond their means, similar to Bury

But Stevenage have been awful and would have been relegation certs if Macc hadn't been over-punished by the EFL. They can't really complain.

But Stevenage have been awful and would have been relegation certs if Macc hadn't been over-punished by the EFL. They can't really complain.

Fair point, and I have sympathy with Macc. The only counter argument I would use from a Stevenage point of view is that if Macc had had a team they could afford to pay, it would have been players on lower wages, so presumably of lesser quality, and so their results may have been worse than Stevenage - just as Bury effectively cheated to get promotion last season. All hypothetical, of course

Forgive my naive question but why have the EFL out sourced the judgment and then appeal it if they’re not happy, instead of having set rules and applying the judgments themselves?

Forgive my naive question but why have the EFL out sourced the judgment and then appeal it if they’re not happy, instead of having set rules and applying the judgments themselves?

Blame and litigation deflection tactic. Oft used by world governments and big buisnesses

That's a request by the EFL to apply a different level of leniency to that granted to Bolton? Their hypocrisy on this is limitless.