Macclesfield Town Wound Up | Vital Football

Macclesfield Town Wound Up

A sad (and avoidable) state of affairs. Remember going there once and Ryan Cresswell (sidelined through injury) was standing on the away end with the Millers fans.
Southend United winding up court case has been adjourned to 28th October.

It's sad isn't it to see a team go - I'm actually surprised there haven't been more of the 'smaller' clubs go under.

Some local league games have been played at Millmoor since RUFC left the site. Pitch still looked good last time I went into the ground

It's such a shame it isn't used now. When the Titans were looking for a new ground I don't think it would have hurt the council to help them out with a move to Millmoor, you know.

No, I think you are right, digger. I know they are piloting some games this weekend with 1,000 people and it's OK in the grounds but they still have to get in and come out - unless they are using some sort of 'six at a time' going out - which would take an age if there were more than 1.000 in.

Very sad to hear of Macclesfield's decline. It was a very basic ground but I loved my visits there, all except the first time when Norman Hunter was our manager and we got well and truly thrashed 4-0 in the cup. In those days I used to get free tickets left at the ticket office courtesy of Kelham O'Hanlon and I found myself sitting in the middle of their fans in the "main stand". I've never seen a set of fans enjoy themselves so much as the Macc fans did that day (they were non-league), but after conceding the first two goals I found myself clapping along with them when they scored the next two, ha-ha, such was the occasion. I feel for those fans now and as has already been suggested, more clubs will bite the dust in the current climate. Bury went last season, Macclesfield this season, who'll be next?
"There but for the grace of God" as the saying goes. If it hadn't been for Tony Stewart a few years ago we could've been in the same boat as these two. We need to count our blessings and just be happy that we've still got a football club, and doing nicely too, even if we can't watch them in these strange times that we're experiencing at the moment. R.I.P. Macclesfield Town F.C.

I just don't know how some clubs will survive - I hope they do but ....

I caught a report about Middlesbrough and Norwich fans going back into their grounds - did I see that they were all having their temperatures taken? I wonder how many got sent home because their temps had gone up at being so excited to be back watching football!

It's a strange old world at the moment Caz that's for sure. We can only hope and pray that the corona virus goes away and that we can all get back to enjoying ourselves again. It's funny what we all took for granted before all this turmoil was thrust upon us. I do hope that we can all survive this, because all this talk of the epidemic getting worse is frightening me. Take care all you lovely people out there and stay safe girls and boys. xxxx