Macclesfield (n/g) | Vital Football

Macclesfield (n/g)

Colburn

Vital Reserves Team
Macclesfield Town wound up in high court today according to BBC. Southend hearing today. Fingers crossed for them but not hopeful. Sad news

Football is F*cked isn’t it?

£500k they owe apparently. I wonder how many transfers of crap players there have been for 20x that over the past month in the Prem and Champ?

Very sad news, enjoyed the couple of visits I made to Moss Rose. I have a horrible feeling they'll be the first of many in the coming months and years.

Very sad news, enjoyed the couple of visits I made to Moss Rose. I have a horrible feeling they'll be the first of many in the coming months and years.

Agreed & I love Moss Rose, wish it was called that.

In paranoid lower division supporter mode I worry that some are quite relaxed about allowing time, finances & the virus rid them of a number of pesky smaller clubs. A two tier greed is good league would suit many.

They have been given another lifeline until the 28th October to find just under half a million, (small change for a Premiership club) and like so many others in the lower divisions desperate for the crowds to be able to return.
The light (small as it is) in a very long tunnel is that on Saturday ten clubs will be trialling 1,000 fans, so fingers cross all adhere to the guidelines, the first step in a long march to recovery.
Blackpool have 1,000 fans able to attend against Swindon on Saturday however I am not sure how the tickets will be allocated, I did hear that it could possibly be the first 1,000 who applied for season tickets but not certain, it could of course be a ballot.
Hope you get the chance to have a 1,000 at the match Saturday week when we come to visit, it will be full of entertaining football that I am sure, although you may not like the result, ha
ha.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54175545

Bloody hell thats bad news for them......

I do find it bloody annoying that x team in the premier league spends loads of cash on various players and yet lower levels are really struggling..... Spurs maybe covering Bales 600k wages per week for example .....

Fingers crossed there won't be any positive tests among the 1,000.
The recent spike in Rhonda is attributed to a coach jolly to the races in Doncaster with a pub crawl on the way back.
Luckily for them, covid was over......,..
Let’s hope football fans comply with what they are instructed to do.

The recent spike in Rhonda is attributed to a coach jolly to the races in Doncaster with a pub crawl on the way back.
Luckily for them, covid was over......,..
Let’s hope football fans comply with what they are instructed to do.

And where were the wife and me going in holiday next week. One of the trips the hotel does is a pub crawl... Not our year lol

Ebbsfleet were relegated even though they weren't in the relegation places (points per game nonsense) will this be a reprieve for them?

Makes you sick doesn't it, Manchester is 20 miles down the road from Macclesfield.
United and City could easily pay off their near neighbour's 500k debt without causing a ripple; it'd be like paying a fiver to them. Two weeks of Sterling's money would clear it, so selfish the lot of 'em

Wouldn’t it be nice to see Macclesfield sponsored by Manchester United.
A bit confusing if they had United on the front of their shirts but the money would be welcome.
Harry Kane sponsors Orient 👍

Makes you sick doesn't it, Manchester is 20 miles down the road from Macclesfield.
United and City could easily pay off their near neighbour's 500k debt without causing a ripple; it'd be like paying a fiver to them. Two weeks of Sterling's money would clear it, so selfish the lot of 'em

It`d be nice if the Premiership helped out Macclesfield but, on a point of order, Manchester is up the road from Macclesfield, not down the road.

I'm not sure I have that much sympathy. The winding up petition started in January 2019 so they've had plenty of opportunity to sort it out. The players felt compelled last November to go on strike because they hadn't been paid. This was clearly little to do with Covid.

The attitude of top Premier clubs is understandable, even if does appear to be lamentable. The bigger clubs are mostly foreign owned, and feel no affinity with EFL clubs. Since they left the then Football League they have looking to distance themselves from the lower leagues. They see us in the EFL as competition like Tesco against the local mini market. Anyone expecting much from that lot are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Last edited:
It`d be nice if the Premiership helped out Macclesfield but, on a point of order, Manchester is up the road from Macclesfield, not down the road.

According to
https://routecalculator.co.uk/eleva...and, M11 4BD, UK &coords=53.482231,-2.1917942

The Etihad Stadium is at an altitude of 61m above sea level.

According to
https://routecalculator.co.uk/eleva...d, SK11 7FJ, UK &coords=53.2447486,-2.1370045

Macclesfield's Moss Rose Ground is 157m above sea level.

Hence Manchester is demonstratedly DOWN the road from Macclesfield.

I haven't checked if Macclesfield is halfway up the road as that would be silly.

Looking on the brights side, if the experts are correct re global warming then at least the Moss Rose ground will survive longer than the Etihad.