Macc Manager gone | Vital Football

Macc Manager gone

clanfordimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Not surprising given their start.
Think if they don't win on Saturday they set a record of 36 Football League games without a win.

Bet Victor are listing some horrendous names:

4-1 Danny Whitaker
12-1 Michael Brown (ex-Port Vale)
12-1 Russell Slade
16-1 Steven Davis
20-1 Lee Clark
25-1 Gary Caldwell
25-1 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Clearly was a dead man walking when we played them. Supporters not happy at all.

Likely to appoint Whitaker as player manager to appease supporters if nothing else. Also would be a cheap option

Macclesfield were always likely to struggle regardless of who their manager is. Although they won the title by a ten-point margin, they only scored 67 goals. History shows that clubs promoted to the Football League score on average 24 goals fewer than they scored in the National League (Fleetwood hold the record with 47 fewer), so the one thing you need to do is sign at least one proven L2 striker if you are to survive. Macclesfield had an urgent need to do so but did not - probably because they have next to no budget. Nailed on for relegation - who will take that job?

Macclesfield were always likely to struggle regardless of who their manager is. Although they won the title by a ten-point margin, they only scored 67 goals. History shows that clubs promoted to the Football League score on average 24 goals fewer than they scored in the National League (Fleetwood hold the record with 47 fewer), so the one thing you need to do is sign at least one proven L2 striker if you are to survive. Macclesfield had an urgent need to do so but did not - probably because they have next to no budget. Nailed on for relegation - who will take that job?

Indeed. As you know all too well, 78/9 goals is the required minimum.

The problems at Macc wernt helped from the start . Yeates apparently was the 3rd choice , and those players who gained promotion wernt played by Yeates from the start . Some didnt even make the bench . Last 3 games Yeates started to play them and performances improved. Ive been a few times this season and saturdays performance wasnt that bad . Unfortuntley it was a terrible back pass that casued the defeat . But as mentioned the supporters adjacent to the directors box turned "rather ferocious " . Whittacker would be the fans choice , but who knows .......

One or two in the Lincoln area who maybe trying to get back on the manager merry-go-round.

You just wouldn't want it on your CV. Only way I would take it is if I got a three year deal safe in the knowledge I would get a big pay off when sacked 6 months down the line.

You just wouldn't want it on your CV. Only way I would take it is if I got a three year deal safe in the knowledge I would get a big pay off when sacked 6 months down the line.

That's not happening in League 2. Despite the issues there I would still expect a lot of applicants for this job. It's similar to us when managers left in the past there were loads of ex-managers and players in the stands wanting the job and this will be the same

That's not happening in League 2. Despite the issues there I would still expect a lot of applicants for this job. It's similar to us when managers left in the past there were loads of ex-managers and players in the stands wanting the job and this will be the same
Yep there's always a desperado/deluded fool that thinks they can beat the wrap and very occasionally one does. Jolley at Grimsby probably falls into the desperado category.

I think it's probably a no lose job, expected to go down by pretty much everyone in football. Keep them up and you are a miracle worker, go down and there was little that could have been done with such a budget.
It's a bit like Gerrard at Rangers. Some pundits said it was a brave move. If he finishes above Celtic he wins the league, if (in all likelihood) he finishes 2nd to them he's done ok. Below 2nd and he's a failure, but given the poor standard up there, and his contacts for loans, that ain't going to happen!
As for not wanting a Macc relegation on the cv? Reckon it might appeal more than standing in line at the job centre.

Not looking good i must admit , but in footbll you never know . whilst something is mathamatically possible , who knows . Anyone who does should perhapss have a go at the lottery this saturday .
Being local to me , i hope they do stay up .

With a population of around 50,000 it is hard for Macclesfield to maintain a Football League team likely always to be a yo yo team between NL and FL.

They are really struggling. It's hard to see how they won the league guven how hard we know that is to do.

The season they went down they didn't win any of the last 23 games and now 12 without a win this season.
35 games without a win, wow!