Luton Shelton | Vital Football

Luton Shelton

Very sad news.
Not a nice disease to suffer from.
Condolences to his wife and their children.
R.I.P. Luton.

very very sad. heart breaking. his poor kids and wife . RIP Luton once a blade.................always a blade . :jangel:

Very sad. Just the other day it was reported scientists are close to making a breakthrough on reversing the effects of motor neuron disease.

Here's his goal against City in the cup.

RIP Luton
Condolences to your wife and family

I read in the newspaper that a mate of mine who I'd not seen for a while, his Dad died from MND.

I turned up at the funeral and paid my respects

My mate said "Thanks, but in reality he died about three years ago"

It's a horrible illness

Very sad. Just the other day it was reported scientists are close to making a breakthrough on reversing the effects of motor neuron disease.

Here's his goal against City in the cup.

I remember this goal very well,Balloon gate.RIP Luton and i send sincere sympathy to his family&friends. 35 is way way to early to be passing on.RIP BLADEMAN.Talking of players passing away too early i'm watching the Big Match Revisited and Orient are playing Villa and a very young Lawrie Cunningham is playing,what a talent he was,Chico Hamilton playing for Villa.UTMPB

Tragic. I always remember the cheating Ref stealing a perfectly good goal from him at Old Trafford.

RIP Luton.
There's a story in Warnock's book about that game.

At half time he asks Luton to carry on as long as he can but says that, if he needs to come off, he should signal to the bench.

"How will I let you know ?" says Luton

Warnock "Here, take this white hankie, tuck it down your shorts and wave it when you can't do any more"

"OK " says Luton " I'll give it as long as I can and give the hankie back to you when I'm substituted"

" Fuck that" pipes us Kozluk "pass it round the rest of us, we'll need it

That link to the newspaper takes me back.
Years ago we were driving through the Jamaican countryside, in the middle of nowhere when we saw an old wooden shack /come shop at the side of the road.
We decided to stop and get a couple of cold drinks.
After paying for 2 bottles of pop I asked the old lady shopkeeper if she had a newspaper.
"Is it for reading purposes?" she replied.
When I said yes she told me that they had yesterdays Daily Gleaner.
I always wondered what days paper she would have offered me if I had said no. :unsure: