Luque | Page 2 | Vital Football

Luque

I'm a fan of that. Let's see the guy play a bit. Unless the recall is because he wasn't playing enough.
He's a right footed player with an eye for goal isn't he, if so he could well provide the competition needed for Harry Anderson as Danny obviously doesn't see Gordon in his starting line-up!

had all his success to date in the lower league [and spain] on the wing. but looks a decent player in centre midfield too.

I recall when he was on loan he had a great game and the whole crowd was shouting sign him up.

So we did.

Hindsight would be a great piece of kit sometimes!!
I recall when he was on loan he had a great game and the whole crowd was shouting sign him up.

So we did.

Hindsight would be a great piece of kit sometimes!!

I always thought he flattered to deceive. He had some ability but no end product. Funny career after he left us as he played for another 18 clubs all mostly non league ones in the Birmingham area. He is in his 40s now.

I always thought he flattered to deceive. He had some ability but no end product. Funny career after he left us as he played for another 18 clubs all mostly non league ones in the Birmingham area. He is in his 40s now.

I remember Beck subbing him after about 10 minutes of a game at Chester, not through injury. Pretty sure it was him.....
He looked distraught. It can't have helped his confidence.

re Luque, obviously been a struggle for him, but you have to love a trier. Hope it works out for him.

Just watched the Accrington game. Difficult to judge given the nature of the game and the standard of the players. But, I did think there's something about Luque's game. Clearly a skillful player - some lovely passes and runs, plus some good defensive work. Doesn't look overly fit, especially with him cramping up around 70 mins. The only other concern I have is how he adapts to the physical nature of the game. I actually think he might do better at a higher level where he might get a bit more time & space? Difficult to say. Hope we keep him & develop him though.

Just watched the Accrington game. Difficult to judge given the nature of the game and the standard of the players. But, I did think there's something about Luque's game. Clearly a skillful player - some lovely passes and runs, plus some good defensive work. Doesn't look overly fit, especially with him cramping up around 70 mins. The only other concern I have is how he adapts to the physical nature of the game. I actually think he might do better at a higher level where he might get a bit more time & space? Difficult to say. Hope we keep him & develop him though.

Thing that did strike me was that he looked physically strong.
He battled well for the ball a number of times and showed some skilful control too.
He laid some really good passes forward.

He worked really hard in the Blackburn game too including scoring a good goal. Clearly determined to succeed with us.
I would definitely have him on the bench to come on either for Bruno if needed or into central midfield.
Has to replace Mensah for sure.

I really want Luque to get a fair craic at it here with us. I remember watching an interview with him after he first signed. He seems really hungry to do well and he was really grateful to the Cowleys for giving him a chance.

He has already put in some convincing performances and I think he has plenty more to offer. He is a little rough around the edges - but he is still adapting to the 'crazy' English game.